Most Comfortable Chest Protector?

13 replies to this topic
  • TETONSUNRISE

Posted March 02, 2004 - 03:05 PM

I am curious to know what everyone that rides trails through the trees are wearing. Especially when you don't want a protector to choke off your wind ducking under a leaning tree in the way. What is the most trail friendly and comfortable chest protector? Thanks, in advance everyone for your help and info.

• Strick

Posted March 02, 2004 - 03:43 PM

I have only owned Thor Aftershock (2) and Acerbis. I would not buy another Acerbis. It rubs me wrong. Some of you will know what I mean by that. :)

• MasiveMoe

Posted March 02, 2004 - 05:12 PM

HRP!! And you can buy the size that fits you.
ie: adult medium through adult X-large

MOe

• ddialogue

Posted March 02, 2004 - 05:22 PM

I ride with a SHIFT chest protector. I like it a lot and it was very affordable ($70ish.) Before that I had an MSR and I liked it OK too.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted March 02, 2004 - 07:34 PM

I use a Fox Airframe. Light weight, very comfortable and breathes well too.

• Agent

Posted March 02, 2004 - 10:43 PM

I use a Fox Airframe. Light weight, very comfortable and breathes well too.

I second the Airframe - I like it. It is also pretty low profile in the shoulders.

• banffboy

Posted March 03, 2004 - 05:03 AM

Acerbis Zoom 2 or Zoom 2 plus for the larger types :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JVP

Posted March 03, 2004 - 07:53 AM

I have a Fox Air Frame(Red) when I ride my Honda (CR250R)and a AXO Vortex (Blue) when I ride my WR450. They both fit well.

• yamaharichey

Posted March 03, 2004 - 03:46 PM

I have the old original fox I can't remember it's name, but what I don't like is when I try to look back over my sholder the bottom of my helmet rubs the sholder area of the vest making it hard to look behind, and thats important for me cause I'am always in the lead :) Is there vests that don't do that or do they all do it.

• TWSimpson

Posted March 04, 2004 - 03:17 AM

I have the Thor Force protector and I'm very happy with it. The only thing it lacks is no upper arm shield. I like the fit and it doesn't interfere with a fanny pack when I'm wearing one. :)

• Math

Posted March 04, 2004 - 06:18 PM

My vote goes to the Fox. I also have the old one (blue and black) I just can't believe I had not even a scratch on the top of my body after my last severe crash last september. Every ride, I forget that I'm actually wearing it and it is proven to be really effective protective gear to my opinion... You can't go wrong with these foxies... I don't know about bigger guys though. I'm 6'1 and 170 so...

• Tom14911

Posted March 04, 2004 - 06:21 PM

I go with the Thor Force as well. I hate wearing chest protectors. The bummer with the force is the toughness of wearing a camelback.

Tom

• RCannon

Posted March 05, 2004 - 03:11 AM

The Troy Lee model works well, for me. It has a slightly radical curve in front. If a person is thin enough, this protector is excellent.

I guess after this winter, I better sell it!

• r1superstar

Posted March 05, 2004 - 05:25 AM

I am curious to know what everyone that rides trails through the trees are wearing. Especially when you don't want a protector to choke off your wind ducking under a leaning tree in the way. What is the most trail friendly and comfortable chest protector? Thanks, in advance everyone for your help and info.

I used Fox for many years. Now I use the new Answer unit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.