SouthEastern US: YZ-FX

NorthEastern US: WR
Everywhere else: Yes

Fixed it for ya. :ride:

• Chaconne

Posted January 05, 2016 - 07:30 AM

I didn't ST my XRR...it's a pig.

Here's a vid:

Yep...you guys do have all year riding tho.  :thumbsup:  That is what I do miss about CA.  Grew up in So CA riding Gorman and Indian Wells...Lived in North CA for 5 years.  Been in the SW now for 23 years.  All my family is all over CA, and all of them complain but haven't left..

Here are are my vids:

https://www.youtube....?view_as=public

Ya people always complain. I find that in the Northeast a lot, people complain & whine about everything but they never move out. Most of em have been here forever...

• 2Speed

Posted January 05, 2016 - 07:58 AM

It's very easy to plate a WR in Texas, so I'm going to wait. Not that I'll be riding on the road much, I still like the option if need be.

Although with a basic DS kit, I'm sure the FX could be plated, too. Need to run the numbers on both, see which is the better deal. I'm thinking the WR will be. 

• Motodisiac

Posted January 05, 2016 - 04:27 PM

Just got a word from my local Yamaha dealer, apparently WR450's are in. Or they are just trying to lure me in and sell me FX. 

• 2Speed

Posted January 07, 2016 - 08:25 AM

Just got a word from my local Yamaha dealer, apparently WR450's are in. Or they are just trying to lure me in and sell me FX. 

Did you verify they are in? I heard they passed CA certification back in mid December. 

• ckny

Posted January 07, 2016 - 08:33 AM

Ya people always complain. I find that in the Northeast a lot, people complain & whine about everything but they never move out. Most of em have been here forever...

Most of them complain about people from Mass.

• Chaconne

Posted January 07, 2016 - 01:13 PM

Most of them complain about people from Mass.

Losers always complain!! :lol: :lol:

• ckny

Posted January 07, 2016 - 01:25 PM

Losers always complain!! :lol: :lol:

Guess that's why they call you guys Massholes...

• Chaconne

Posted January 07, 2016 - 01:41 PM

Guess that's why they call you guys Massholes...

Well I am not from Mass so I dont care. I have lived in a lot of places and the a-hole count is no higher here than other places AFAICT. And I have known for a long time that last bastion of losers is to call names so like I said...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ckny

Posted January 07, 2016 - 01:53 PM

Well I am not from Mass so I dont care. I have lived in a lot of places and the a-hole count is no higher here than other places AFAICT. And I have known for a long time that last bastion of losers is to call names so like I said...

Lighten up.

• Chaconne

Posted January 07, 2016 - 02:27 PM

Lighten up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry if that seemed harsh, it wasn't meant that way. Typing on the phone too fast.  :cheers:

• Macsplace

Posted January 07, 2016 - 03:47 PM

Did you verify they are in? I heard they passed CA certification back in mid December. 

Have had my 2016 WR450 on order since October and while I can't verify they are in yet my GYTR Comp ECU did arrive today.

• Chaconne

Posted January 07, 2016 - 07:59 PM

Have had my 2016 WR450 on order since October and while I can't verify they are in yet my GYTR Comp ECU did arrive today.

Hope you get it soon. Comp ECU is a must have IMO. :ride: Do you still have to do the throttle screw and unplug the exhaust? On my 2014 dealer did mine as part of the package.

• Macsplace

Posted January 08, 2016 - 11:47 AM

Hope you get it soon. Comp ECU is a must have IMO. :ride: Do you still have to do the throttle screw and unplug the exhaust? On my 2014 dealer did mine as part of the package.

Thanks, yes same mods as you mentioned plus have to remove a restrictor from the air box.

• 2Speed

Posted January 21, 2016 - 08:23 AM

The GM of the local dealer called me yesterday - WR should be in Friday or Monday.

He is having 2 shipped from the Seattle warehouse to Texas. They are apparently all coming out of Seattle right now, according to Yamaha. 

Anyone outside of California have one yet (or seen one at a dealer?)

I jokingly asked him if I would get a nice discount for buying the first one. We both had a laugh.

• falconjet

Posted January 23, 2016 - 10:10 AM

Thanks a lot, California. Sheesh. Keep voting in those nut job liberals. No one here, I'm sure.

I have lived in Cali all my life (63 years)

Things keep going from bad to worse.

Gun laws are totally nuts. I am still waiting for my CCW to come in the mail. I completed all the $500 worth of testing and training last October. At least here in Fresno we have a great gun loving Sheriff. She even wrote a letter to Obama stating that she will not enforce any his 2nd amendment destroying executive orders.

Last I heard the crazies up in Sacramento are in the process of crafting legislation to make us put license plates on our radio controlled model airplanes and have them equipped with automatic shut off devices if we fly too close to an airport. Sanctuary cities and open borders are just fine but we gotta watch all those model airplane pilots. Crap they are almost as dangerous as Climate Change.

Would not be surprised to see background checks to purchase a dirt bike. And sensitivity training so we don't disturb mother earth too much.

Heaven help us.

Edited by falconjet, January 23, 2016 - 10:13 AM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 23, 2016 - 11:55 AM

Unfortunately, the people with the most sense don't have the majority vote a lot of the time. It's tough to compete against the masses who have their food and money given to them by the government they vote for, who in turn makes life even tougher for those with the most sense in order to keep the machine running.
Oops, getting a bit heavy on the politics.

• 2Speed

Posted January 29, 2016 - 04:22 PM

I can confirm that the 2016 WR's are now available in Texas!

I can also confirm that there is one in my garage...

WR2.jpg

WR1.jpg

WR4.jpg

Edited by 2Speed, January 29, 2016 - 04:23 PM.

• Christos GR.

Posted January 29, 2016 - 04:38 PM

I can confirm that the 2016 WR's are now available in Texas!

I can also confirm that there is one in my garage...

I am drooling...

I live in Toronto Canada and order mine in late November, dealer can't eve give me an approximate time of delivery yet.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.