for sale in the states?

65 replies to this topic
  • r1carver518

Posted December 30, 2015 - 04:51 PM

is it possible to buy a wr 450 in the states? Probably a stupid question but I have never seen one here..

• stevethe

Posted December 30, 2015 - 04:58 PM

is it possible to buy a wr 450 in the states? Probably a stupid question but I have never seen one here..

If your talking about a 16 model they aren't quite out yet. If your talking about earlier models you gotta to get out of the house more often.

• RockerYZWR

Posted December 30, 2015 - 08:58 PM

Have you been going to Yamaha motorcycle dealerships to look? Most other types of places most likely wouldn't have them (hospitals, restaurants, and so forth). That could be it.

• Sierra_rider

Posted December 30, 2015 - 09:06 PM

The president issued an executive order that explicitly bans just wr450's.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 30, 2015 - 10:18 PM

No, they are banned for being to reliable.

• 2Speed

Posted December 30, 2015 - 11:10 PM

Talked to two dealerships here in the Dallas area today, and got (mostly) the same answer from both.  The '16 WR's are in the states, at the distribution centers waiting to be sent to the dealerships. The FX's have been out for several weeks, and there are several here at the dealers already. The holdup for the WR has been our greenie weenie friends in California. The certification process there has taken longer than it should have for green sticker compliance. Yamaha is waiting until it is certified in all 50 states before releasing them to dealers.

Both sales guys I spoke to said they are expected the last week of January.

• RockerYZWR

Posted December 31, 2015 - 05:28 AM

Thanks a lot, California. Sheesh. Keep voting in those nut job liberals. No one here, I'm sure.

• guru

Posted December 31, 2015 - 10:00 AM

If WR450s are outlawed, only outlaws will have WR450s.

• r1carver518

Posted December 31, 2015 - 11:55 AM

Well thanks for all the smart remarks.... But thanks for saying yes... All we have here is drzs

• ckny

Posted December 31, 2015 - 12:01 PM

Well thanks for all the smart remarks.... But thanks for saying yes... All we have here is drzs

That could be your problem....looking for a Yamaha at a Suzuki dealer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • eastreich

Posted December 31, 2015 - 12:16 PM

I am going to go out on a limb (based on your other thread) and guess that you are looking for WR450s on the highway/streets.  If that is the case, then no, you will not see many WRs around your area because they are not street legal off the showroom floor unlike DRZ400s.

• r1carver518

Posted January 01, 2016 - 09:18 PM

I see I don't really ride dirt on the account of not many trails around my area due to snobby jerks that post the propery where the trails used to go

I am going to go out on a limb (based on your other thread) and guess that you are looking for WR450s on the highway/streets. If that is the case, then no, you will not see many WRs around your area because they are not street legal off the showroom floor unlike DRZ400s.

Edited by r1carver518, January 01, 2016 - 09:19 PM.

• r1carver518

Posted January 01, 2016 - 09:20 PM

Same building....

That could be your problem....looking for a Yamaha at a Suzuki dealer.

• KennyMc

Posted January 02, 2016 - 08:45 AM

Same building....

If your looking for a great dirt bike that happens to also be street legal, look at the KTM's EXC line. The 350 and 500.

• Sierra_rider

Posted January 02, 2016 - 04:32 PM

...or a Beta.

• Chaconne

Posted January 02, 2016 - 06:32 PM

I see I don't really ride dirt on the account of not many trails around my area due to snobby jerks that post the propery where the trails used to go

Where are you in NY? Did you try this: http://www.yamahamot...cations/dealers

Make sure those trails are legally posted. Here in the Northeast sometimes landowners "stretch" their property out onto powerlines and state property (say along interstates). I have challenged a few and I have also bribed others. Some people are just dicks but most of the time --in my experience-- you can work something out. I do make sure to ride quietly when close to people's homes and property and I also try to explain to the 4-wheel rockheads that being a decent rider means trying to reach agreement and respect others, but that has its limits too I guess.

Edited by Chaconne, January 02, 2016 - 06:34 PM.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted January 02, 2016 - 09:14 PM

Thanks a lot, California. Sheesh. Keep voting in those nut job liberals. No one here, I'm sure.

Our gift to all of you.   Cheers!    :thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted January 02, 2016 - 11:02 PM

Our gift to all of you. Cheers! :thumbsup:

The gift that keeps on giving. :hugs&kisses:

• Chaconne

Posted January 03, 2016 - 06:07 AM

The gift that keeps on giving. :hugs&kisses:

:lol: :lol: That and it is the only state in the union where dirtbike sales actually matter. Cali has it rule & regs but it also has a real significant dirtbike culture, you don't sell em there and you ain't sellin em anywhere... :ride:

Edited by Chaconne, January 03, 2016 - 06:08 AM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted January 03, 2016 - 01:17 PM

http://www.statista....he-us-by-state/

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.