Engine Breather pipe

7 replies to this topic
  • coldweld

Posted March 02, 2004 - 11:14 AM

I got my yamaha leagalizer kit today, and in it was a shorter breather pipe with elbow to fit carb rubber,

Why are you lot over the pond not getting these ???

• sabin

Posted March 02, 2004 - 11:46 AM

This kit is only for europe AFAIK. Also if you order the breather and elbow as part numbers it is expensive.

• sabin

Posted March 02, 2004 - 11:52 AM

Here is a link to the part numbers:
http://www.sained.co...werup/page2.gif

• keel5

Posted March 02, 2004 - 06:16 PM

Does that breather pipe go from the top of the valve cover to the top for the airbox boot? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • coldweld

Posted March 02, 2004 - 09:12 PM

Yes it that is correct.

• sabin

Posted March 02, 2004 - 10:05 PM

Yes. The bad thing is that when you wheelie a oil is getting in the boot/filter/carb. I thing better solution is to put in the airbox button under the boot...

• coldweld

Posted March 03, 2004 - 09:17 AM

Is that why two strokes struggle to do things like wheele ?
The tiny amount of oil present will do no harm at all.
But the idea is to use the mounting point Yamaha cast in the boot rubber. :)

• sabin

Posted March 03, 2004 - 01:30 PM

Maybe not too bad for the carb, but the button of the oil filter is suck in engine oil and this oil is not designed to absorb/catch derbis, so maybe it will wash out the filter oil and some derbise may enter the engine. This is very teoretical as my engine is 20 000km(13 000 ml) and piston and rings are allmost like new (1/5 of the servise life) using motul 300v competition oil. So I guess in is not problem to use this kit... however the trany did not servived that much and I broke gear at about 15000km/10000ml

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.