Bar risers?

4 replies to this topic
  • yzUSMCf

Posted December 25, 2015 - 04:08 PM

I have a 2014 yz450f I'm 6' 1" stock bars.. I rode my buddies 2015 kx450f and that bikes cockpit is totally different than the yzf bars are placed much taller were as the yzf are low. Which made me think maybe i should try bar risers because i liked how having the bars higher fit me well and made it easier to lean the bike and throw it around gave me confidence in the corners. I've never had bar risers. Anyone try them on the 14'+ Yamaha? Which risers do you guys recommend?

Thanks mxers'!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1451088466979.jpg

• Gaskill

Posted December 26, 2015 - 04:05 AM

Man I have a 16, and I'm 6'3 and I put a windham rise bar on it and even moved them all the way forward on the triple clamp. Everything hooked to my bars are maxed out and can't find any after market cables. It suck. So if you know of some please let me know. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gaskill

Posted December 26, 2015 - 04:07 AM

I have asked around and it seems you can do one or the other, bars or bar risers, not both.

• Slow and Jerky

Posted December 26, 2015 - 05:13 AM

I have used the Tusk risers on several different bikes and they do make a differenceOn my 06 I used the risers and got the KTM/Suzuki bend bars. It does put some tension on your cables, you may need to move the throttle in a little toward center, but that's something you would need to play with. IMO it's worth the $30.

• grayracer513

Posted December 26, 2015 - 08:07 AM

I would recommend replacing the notoriously low stock YZ bars with a set of "Windham bend" (RM Mid-High) bars from pro taper.  They are both higher and farther forward than the stockers, and make a huge difference in the feel of the bike.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.