How do you "Free Mod" a 2002 WR 426F?

3 replies to this topic
  • maes426

Posted March 02, 2004 - 10:53 AM

Can someone please direct me to what exactly I need to do to bring my WR426 to life? I don't want it real loud, and don't want to change the CAM. Please help, anyone?

• Rocketvet

Posted March 02, 2004 - 11:00 AM

I just finally did my 2000 WR 400 and it was very easy and quick. I just disconnected the grey wire under the tank, removed the air box baffle and I ordered a pipe insert off of e-bay that was only $20. I haven't done the throttle stop mod yet but I plan to next.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueDragon

Posted March 02, 2004 - 11:59 AM

maes426,
Do the grey wire cut like mentioned above. Also here are some essentials. :D
1) BK Mod - adjust fuel squirt in carb, try motoman393's website.
2) Throttle stop - shave off a few millimeters.
3) ACV mod- reverse the diaphram in the ACV.
4) If you haven't removed the baffle in the stock exhaust, nows the time :)
5) Re-jet - my bike came all plugged up and constipated from the dealer. The jetting sucked, the acceleration sucked, the bike ran crappy. I used the "search" feature here at TT to find alot of info. Now my bike is AWESOME :D Remember not to do everything at once...if there's a problem you won't know where to start. These simple mods should bring your 02 to life. Good luck :D

• gfergtr74

Posted March 02, 2004 - 12:29 PM

Change your exhaust cam timing to the YZ spec. This will make quite a difference. Different exhaust would be a huge help as well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.