IMS tank and GYTR Rad braces

8 replies to this topic
  • DangerRanger245

Posted December 24, 2015 - 08:28 PM

My 2015 WR450 has the GYTR radiator braces installed. I just got the IMS 3 gallon gas tank for xmas.
Does anyone know if there is any interference between the GYTR braces and the IMS?

• JDLowrance

Posted December 25, 2015 - 09:42 AM

My 2015 WR450 has the GYTR radiator braces installed. I just got the IMS 3 gallon gas tank for xmas.
Does anyone know if there is any interference between the GYTR braces and the IMS?

No issues...mine fit just fine.

Edited by JDLowrance, December 25, 2015 - 09:42 AM.

• DPete

Posted December 25, 2015 - 01:05 PM

What color tanks did you guys get, I bought a neutral but when it came is was yellowish like it had been out in the sun for a decade, sent it back for black. Always liked neutral so you can see the gas

• DangerRanger245

Posted December 25, 2015 - 09:11 PM

Mines a natural color. It's yellowish as well. I would have preferred black, but oh well. Not much of the tank is seen, and it will be easier to see the gas level

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPete

Posted December 26, 2015 - 07:55 AM

Has to do with epa regs, somehow they can't get the whiteish neutral color anymore because of the formula. Good old Cali. air board

Edited by DPete, December 26, 2015 - 07:58 AM.

• DangerRanger245

Posted December 26, 2015 - 04:47 PM

Has to do with epa regs, somehow they can't get the whiteish neutral color anymore because of the formula. Good old Cali. air board

Reason number 10,979 I hate my state.

• Missing_Link

Posted December 28, 2015 - 04:20 PM

Has to do with epa regs, somehow they can't get the whiteish neutral color anymore because of the formula. Good old Cali. air board

Not the reason. I took my yellowish new tank back to IMS to exchange it because of the color. The tank I bought a year earlier wasn't yellowish so I figured I got an old one. Nope. The guys at IMS said the whiter natural tanks were cracking so they went back to all natural because it was stronger.

• DPete

Posted December 29, 2015 - 06:46 AM

Well, that's 2 different stories directly from IMS so who knows? What ever the reason I thought it looked terrible

Edited by DPete, December 29, 2015 - 06:50 AM.

• Missing_Link

Posted December 29, 2015 - 06:39 PM

Well, that's 2 different stories directly from IMS so who knows? What ever the reason I thought it looked terrible

I agree. My older tank is nice and opaque white similar to a KTM tank.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.