** Utah riders, Little Sahara on Saturday 12:00 noon **

30 replies to this topic
  • mrmoto

Posted March 02, 2004 - 09:24 AM

Saddle up, it's time to start riding again. I'm sure there'll be some snow in the foothills and shaded areas, but I can't wait any longer. If I can find one strip of sand melted by the sun this weekend, I'll be riding. Weather says 45 degrees on Saturday. Warm enough for me.

Let's meet at the ranger station at the park entrance at noon. Everybody who's coming chime in...

- Eric

• ogrebelle

Posted March 02, 2004 - 10:43 AM

Eric,
Wish I could make it, but you know how it is. It's busy season for me right now and I just can't spare the afternoon. If I'm not working I'm going to be with my wife and little boy. I'll be thinking about you guys though if it does happen. I can't wait to saddle up again.
Doug

• mrmoto

Posted March 02, 2004 - 10:54 AM

Doug-the cow dung race at Bunkerhill is on the 20th. Considering your creditials and experience... :) Couldn't help myself. I'll never get that picture of you face down in that cow pie out of my head.

• ogrebelle

Posted March 02, 2004 - 11:22 AM

Sounds like its right down my ally. You know...Come to think of it, I don't think I ever washed that jersey and I know for a fact that the vents in my helmet (not to mention my goggles) are still plugged with the stuff. If I show up wearing the appropriate smells I may get a discount on my entry fee. Sweeeeeeeet! :)
Doug

• pedman

Posted March 02, 2004 - 12:06 PM

Doug,

I am sure that if you show up with that smell, you'll get bump to the front of the line too. :D

Eric, do we need flags, please say NO.... :)

• mrmoto

Posted March 02, 2004 - 12:14 PM

If we sneak in from the side :), same spot we met last year... past the entrance, through the cattle guard, and left at the fork in the road... we can avoid flags and the entry fee. There's never anyone that deep in the park. It's a thought. I do if we ride in the white sands area, the rangers will be looking for flags.

• pedman

Posted March 02, 2004 - 01:17 PM

Sounds good...I have to come down your way tomorrow. I'll drop by and get the details.. :)

• tigerowner_ut

Posted March 02, 2004 - 01:35 PM

Sorry Eric,

Sitting this one out. Storm coming Thurs and Fri. May try 5-mile if snow melts some this week an we don't get any more.

• mrmoto

Posted March 02, 2004 - 01:40 PM

David - yahoo says --- no snow in delta this week and highs in the 40s (45 on saturday). If you decide to go to 5mi let me know, I'll join you.

• live_to_ride

Posted March 02, 2004 - 02:36 PM

I just got laid off and I'm making some major changes to my life, so I am not going to be able to go riding for a while. This sucks, but I need to start building a future again. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tigerowner_ut

Posted March 02, 2004 - 02:43 PM

Chris,

Many of us have been there. I was laid off a year and a half ago and wound up better off. You should come out on top. Sign up for your unemployment ASAP and hit the net for jobs. We will all be here when you are settled in again.

• r1superstar

Posted March 02, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Saddle up, it's time to start riding again. I'm sure there'll be some snow in the foothills and shaded areas, but I can't wait any longer. If I can find one strip of sand melted by the sun this weekend, I'll be riding. Weather says 45 degrees on Saturday. Warm enough for me.

Let's meet at the ranger station at the park entrance at noon. Everybody who's coming chime in...

- Eric

Sand?? Yuck, I hate sand. :) I think I'll pass and wait for more snow to melt. I'm itchy too, but I think I can hold out for one more weekend. Thanks though...........db

• ogrebelle

Posted March 02, 2004 - 03:19 PM

Chris,
Laid-off...Been there, done that. Once you get over the shock you'll be fine just don't let it get you down. What do you do? Maybe some of us here will have a contact or two for you. It can't hurt anyway. We're all willing to help out the brotherhood.
Best of luck,
Doug

• ddialogue

Posted March 02, 2004 - 05:20 PM

I'd love to join you guys but I would think a snowmobile would look silly with a flag on it. Oh, you guys are going to be riding dirt bikes? GOOD LUCK!! :) :D :D :usa:

I'm gonna hook up with 'ol FTD (Hoss) Saturday for some riding since there's NO SNOW HERE! :D :D

• live_to_ride

Posted March 02, 2004 - 06:38 PM

Hey, thanks Doug! I've decided to go back to school and I have an appointment with a councellor tomorrow am. I'm going to look into getting a pharm.D. I am going to be poor(er) for a few years.

• mrmoto

Posted March 03, 2004 - 05:23 AM

Danny - I'll be riding here next weekend also -- should be in the low 50s all week. Foothills will melt and make a huge pile of mud :). Perfect riding. 'till then, it'll be sand riding this weekend.
- Eric

• mrmoto

Posted March 03, 2004 - 10:18 AM

Just called the little sahara weather hotline at 435-433-5961. They reported 45 degrees today sunny, snow is fully melted of the north facing sand dunes and mostly off the rest. By Saturday with continued 45 degree weather, all the snow should be gone. I'm ready to ride.

• wakin

Posted March 03, 2004 - 11:20 AM

livt-to-ride, what do you do? We are hiring in American Fork. It's a technical field

• N7SLC

Posted March 03, 2004 - 02:12 PM

livt-to-ride, what do you do? We are hiring in American Fork. It's a technical field

What type of technical field?

• mrmoto

Posted March 05, 2004 - 09:34 AM

It's a go... just got off the phone with the ranger station. Apparently they only got a little less than 1 inch of snow last night which has already melted. No more snow in the forecast for them. Sand will be wet and packed -- should be great conditions. So far there are 4 riders going. Everybody's welcome. Make sure you reply if you're coming so we can watch for you.
- Eric

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.