I have to vent! Even though the bike was cheap, I didn't expect what I found today. I started tearing the engine down and found a whole world of s**t.
1. The "new" piston skirts are beat up and prematurely worn.
2. The cylinder has never been re-honed which is apperente in the fact that there is a mirror
finish in the cylinder and the nikisil coating is worn completely through in one spot.
3. The wrist pin was seized in the con rod
4. There is so much play crank/rod journal that I don't even need to put a gauge on it and the cam chain drive teeth are sharp as a knife.
4. The oil was not changed and any interval cuz there is a 1/4" deep sludge build up in the bottom of the engine.
5. The chain guide was just floating around in there.
6. Finally, after the previous owners so called "fresh top end" he didn't even torque the head bolts they were hand tight. The bolts on my seat were tighter! The head gasket and base gasket look brand new, like they've never been clamped down.
I knew there were issue cuz it smoked a little when hot and the oil was black after a couple minutes of riding, but holy cow this thing is messed up.