2016 map settings

8 replies to this topic
  • S.back

Posted December 20, 2015 - 11:43 AM

I just got a 16 yz450f that I am setting up for woods racing. I would like to see what map settings you run and what you get for fuel mileage. I looked in the mapping topic but it looks like they are for older bikes or just a good starting point.

• jimbopitts

Posted December 23, 2015 - 03:33 PM

https://www.shopyama...ytr-power-tuner

Click on specifications down at the bottom and it has a few different maps to start with

• mx9119

Posted January 06, 2016 - 08:39 PM

anyone with a 2016 running thr dr.d ns 4? If so what mapping are you using?

• jimbopitts

Posted January 07, 2016 - 08:26 AM

The maps that are on the link i shared are said to be for the stock pipe, yet the exhaust companies claim that their pipes are built using the stock map. Lol, so you should notice a difference using one of these maps. I have a full fmf system and i notice a difference using the aggressive map

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Costa Rican YZ450F

Posted January 08, 2016 - 11:48 AM

anyone with a 2016 running thr dr.d ns 4? If so what mapping are you using?

Hey mx9119, I just installed my Dr.D going riding tomorrow, I'm starting out with all zeros then I'll play with it a bit let me know what you come up with. Thanks

• mx9119

Posted January 11, 2016 - 07:17 PM

Hey mx9119, I just installed my Dr.D going riding tomorrow, I'm starting out with all zeros then I'll play with it a bit let me know what you come up with. Thanks

hey what did you come up with on your mapping? i rode mine sunday for the first time so didnt wanna mess with the mapping for break in... i also dont know where start with lol

• Costa Rican YZ450F

Posted January 11, 2016 - 07:21 PM

To be honest I was so happy with the bike is never changed it from stock mapping, I road a dry hard packed track. What I did do is swapped out the 48t rear to a 49t helps me pull an uphill big table in 4th better. Next weekend I'm playing with the mapping for sure

• mx9119

Posted January 11, 2016 - 07:31 PM

nice keep me posted. did you get the suggested starting point mapping from dr.d?

• hondaman331

Posted September 16, 2016 - 03:51 AM

I tried mxa's suggested map (same as "snappy" gytr setting for stock muffler) and it wasn't what I was looking for. I'm going to try the linear torque, I want all bottom and a decent bit of midrange

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.