Random Exhaust Question for 2010-2013

3 replies to this topic
  • Wiz636

Posted December 18, 2015 - 08:17 PM

I have the stock exhaust on my '13 and the Rocky Mountain brand carbon fiber endcap/spark arrestor.  The problem? I hate the sound of the stock exhaust. I loved the way my '06 & '08 sounded pretty much no matter which exhaust I ran (stock, Leo VInce, Dr D, FMF) but the '13 just sounds odd. I usually don't care about this kind of stuff but I dislike it so much that I am willing to spend some money just to change it!

So my question is...has noticed a significant change to the tone or sound by switching to an aftermarket slip-on? I don't want it to be louder than stock...just different.

• 15thumper

Posted December 18, 2015 - 08:24 PM

I had Leo vince on my 06 loved it got drd now on the 15, I hear alot of air box but love the drd too both full systems

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ctown208

Posted December 18, 2015 - 08:46 PM

I have the stock exhaust on my '13 and the Rocky Mountain brand carbon fiber endcap/spark arrestor. The problem? I hate the sound of the stock exhaust. I loved the way my '06 & '08 sounded pretty much no matter which exhaust I ran (stock, Leo VInce, Dr D, FMF) but the '13 just sounds odd. I usually don't care about this kind of stuff but I dislike it so much that I am willing to spend some money just to change it!

So my question is...has noticed a significant change to the tone or sound by switching to an aftermarket slip-on? I don't want it to be louder than stock...just different.

i run the yosh system on my 16. The fit and finish is perfect and the sound is a hearty roar lol.

• grayracer513

Posted December 20, 2015 - 08:31 AM

Does the bike sound odd when you're on it, or when someone rides by on it?  They always sound different from the pilot's seat, especially with all the intake noise right in front of you. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.