2014+ Scott's stabilizer mount - all 4 bar positions

2 replies to this topic
  • GHILL28

Posted December 17, 2015 - 10:54 AM

Since Scott's only makes 2 bar mounts for the '14+ YZF's, positions 2 and 3, I took things into my own hands and machined my own mount.  This allows the use of ALL 4 bar positions with one mount.  Pictured here it's in the furthest forward position.

I expect that I'll have to mill away a bit of clearance mid-way up the damper arm to allow the position 2 and 3 slots to clear at full rotation.  I'll investigate that later this week.  Arms are cheap and easy to replace, so no harm in experimenting with that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GHILL28

Posted December 17, 2015 - 10:55 AM

Pic attached

Attached Thumbnails

• 1450378534400.jpg

• GHILL28

Posted December 28, 2015 - 07:48 PM

I've had a couple people request these.  Once I figure out what mods need to be done to the arm, I'll see if I can put together pricing for the clamp and the modded arm.  The machinist who graciously allowed me the use of the machine would run a batch of these if I got 5 or 10, also to make the pricing make sense.  If I can get some more people who want them over the next few weeks I'll be able to make a batch.  Expect ~$100-150 depending what needs to be done to the arm.  PM to discuss further.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.