Trailtech

12 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted March 02, 2004 - 01:33 AM

Is there anyone with a trailtech on a WR/YZ? If so could you please post a pic of how the sender is mounted.

thanks

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 02, 2004 - 07:55 AM

I cant post a pic. But I can tell you to mount the sensor 3/8" further away towards the rear of the bike then the instructions show in the side view drawing showing the magnetic head bolt and the sensor position. When you are done you will notice that you get accurate speed readings that dont go to double your speed for no reason at all. I mounted mine on the side of the caliper mount on a small edge that located the step in the sensor and allows one small screw to locate it. Drill the aluminum and use the self tapping screw. :)

• Hamish

Posted March 03, 2004 - 01:46 AM

a pic would be nice ( and maybe a scan of the instructions??), as mine isnt actually a trailtech, its the pushbike version. Exactly the same except for a shorter cable (which I have to extend) and slower speed updating. I had it on my zxr previously and it worked fine to well over the WR's max speed :)

thanks in advance,
Hamish

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 03, 2004 - 12:04 PM

send me a PM with your email address and I will forward digital pics. I dont have mounting instructions any more but you will see enough in the pics. :)

• jc777

Posted March 03, 2004 - 02:31 PM

what is the wr's max speed?

• mtrablue

Posted March 03, 2004 - 02:46 PM

just thought i'd through this in. got the new performance bycycle catalog. there is a new panoram. a bit more rectangular. wonder how long till trailtech has the moto style.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamaharichey

Posted March 03, 2004 - 04:03 PM

Hey Indy ol buddy, maybe you could also send me the pictures too. Mine works great, but every once in a while it does read double, so I just wanted to see how much farther you mounted your sender than mine is. I'll pm you in case you still don't have my Email.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted March 03, 2004 - 05:27 PM

Now I'm worried. I bought a "Trail-Tech" about a year ago, its still new in the box, and will mount it this spring or so. Does anyone here recommend the billet mount? And how does it hold up to the weather, ie water/rain. I'm in Washington! :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 03, 2004 - 06:18 PM

You can use it in light rain but I wrap it in Glad wrap when it is raining heavy. The billet protector gives a nice surface to wrap it without contacting the unit. Billet protector is a must if you crash. The unit is very delicate and light plastic. :)

• Hamish

Posted March 04, 2004 - 02:54 AM

what is the wr's max speed?

I'm guessing at about 100mph with std gearing

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 04, 2004 - 03:46 AM

88 mph indicated on my trailtech on hard packed fire road. :)

• JVP

Posted March 04, 2004 - 08:14 AM

83 Mph. But there was more in the bike, but not in me! :)

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted March 04, 2004 - 01:51 PM

88 mph indicated on my trailtech on hard packed fire road. :)

I had mine to 86, but that was before I lost a few pounds.

Anything over 70 in the dirt scares the out of me, All I could think about is 'what if the front tire blew out on me right now'

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.