Rear tyre

5 replies to this topic
  • Hamish

Posted March 01, 2004 - 09:34 PM

Can someone recomend a good rear tyre for the WR426 that is suitable for a bit (10% or less)of on road use? I mainly ride medium to hard surfaces, with the occasionaly sandy berm thrown in. I don't ride on the road much, but don't want a tyre that will be shredded on a 10km road ride.

thanks

• BlueRules

Posted March 01, 2004 - 11:56 PM

How ya goin, I've got the wr 450 and after running a few tyres(which doesnt take long in 9 months on a wr} I keep going back to the pirelli mt21, theyve got real broad knobs and seem to last a bit longer.
Just for an interest we went for a blast in beerburrum state forest on sunday, #ucking huge, wot a blast.
Anyhow, might talk to u later! Good Luck.

• Hamish

Posted March 02, 2004 - 01:10 AM

cool..i have a mt16 on the back of the 2 smoke at the moment..works well but doesnt last all that long :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bamster

Posted March 02, 2004 - 04:10 AM

If it needs to be DOT,get the Kenda Track master.
They are cheap and dirt worthy. :)

• ddialogue

Posted March 02, 2004 - 04:19 AM

If it needs to be DOT,get the Kenda Track master.
They are cheap and dirt worthy. :)

Agreed! The Kenda Track Master II is great offroad and holds up well on the pavement. I put 350 miles on a new one in Moab, Utah last fall and added another 400 to that before changing it out. They are durable!

• Hamish

Posted March 03, 2004 - 01:49 AM

sounds like it's worth a try :)
thanks guys

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.