Gytr tuner

25 replies to this topic
  • Dangerranger1973

Posted December 14, 2015 - 07:52 PM

So I am looking at buying the Yamaha gytr tuner and the description of it is not the best. Looking for some answers from you guys that currently have it.

Does it clear codes?
Can I load one map to 2 bikes?

• grayracer513

Posted December 15, 2015 - 07:09 AM

Yes to both.

• Dangerranger1973

Posted December 15, 2015 - 07:44 AM

Thanks cause it just sounds like it will only read codes from the description. That's good to know

• jimbopitts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 10:44 AM

You can make and store 9 maps, im not sure about clearing codes. Yamaha sells another tool specifically for diagnostics. Grey do you have any more info in this?

• grayracer513

Posted December 15, 2015 - 10:50 AM

I know it reads codes.  It should be capable of clearing them, although now that you bring that up, I'm not completely certain of it.

• Dangerranger1973

Posted December 15, 2015 - 06:45 PM

Anyone have this tuner and can verify it will clear codes or not

• jimbopitts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 08:16 AM

I have it, ill check the manual when i get home. Ive only used it once to load a new map

• jimbopitts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 08:19 AM

https://www.shopyama...ytr-power-tuner

• jimbopitts

Posted December 16, 2015 - 08:20 AM

Just fyi, i paid $219 for at from rocky Mountain mc

• DanielMerrick

Posted December 16, 2015 - 01:06 PM

From my experience when a code is found and the problem fixed it is self cleared, I'm also assuming it would clear/reset after complete power down erasing it from the short term memory.. Strictly speculation

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 16, 2015 - 02:05 PM

Depends on where in the memory the codes are stored.  It could well be that codes self clear after the problem is handled, but the ECU obviously has persistent memory or it would be unable to store a map when powered off.

• DanielMerrick

Posted December 17, 2015 - 10:04 PM

The maps would be stored into a eeprom (non volatile memory) and codes into the volatile ram, il be selling my tuner and getting a pcv with autotune, any experience with those on yzs grey ?

• grayracer513

Posted December 18, 2015 - 07:00 AM

The maps would be stored into a eeprom (non volatile memory) and codes into the volatile ram,

That might be the case, or it might not.  In the automotive world, there are three basic classes of code; those that clear on the fly if the problem goes away, those that clear after a certain number of ignition cycles (power on/off) after the problem is fixed, and those that have to be cleared manually no matter what.  Haven't had any opportunities to play with the new stuff, really. 

• DanielMerrick

Posted December 18, 2015 - 07:19 AM

. Haven't had any opportunities to play with the new stuff, really.

From my experience in the industry that's how the most automotive stuff works, but yes there is a b c d priority code, I don't se Yamaha investing that type of system based on there system diagnostics in the Manuel.
I have a pcv w a/t on order, I will make a post about it once it's all setup.

• grayracer513

Posted December 18, 2015 - 09:19 AM

On the other hand, Yamaha did invest in a higher level of technology than is used on CRF's.  The Yamaha system has a discrete BARO sensor (atmospheric pressure), which gives it the ability to adapt to altitude and weather changes on the fly, where as Honda uses the MAP (manifold air pressure, or "vacuum") sensor to read ambient atmospheric pressure prior to startup, and that value is used as a baseline throughout the ignition cycle regardless of environmental changes.  That system can only be adjusted for altitude by shutting down and restarting the engine so as to get a current BARO reading.

• Ctown208

Posted December 18, 2015 - 10:47 AM

The maps would be stored into a eeprom (non volatile memory) and codes into the volatile ram, il be selling my tuner and getting a pcv with autotune, any experience with those on yzs grey ?

Go vortex. LIGHT YEARS AHEAD of the power commander

• stroker101

Posted December 21, 2015 - 12:43 AM

So I am looking at buying the Yamaha gytr tuner and the description of it is not the best. Looking for some answers from you guys that currently have it.

Does it clear codes?
Can I load one map to 2 bikes?

https://www.youtube....h?v=9zNJS7gYAVk

the video indicates a different tool used to "Clear" codes

• revolucien

Posted February 17, 2016 - 10:27 PM

Hello everyone,

I need to remap, but can't find any suggestions for other than premium pump gas and can't find a good link to the manual.  Does anyone have a good pdf of the manual or a suggestion to map a 2015 450 richer with 100 oct / no eth, and a full Bill's Pipe (or any aftermarket sys)?

Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted February 18, 2016 - 07:20 AM

For the manuals, check these links:

http://api.viglink.c...uals/index.aspx

http://api.viglink.c...ook.com.au/?r=0

As to the map, fuel octane number doesn't really affect jetting.  The oxygen content might, if it's a highly oxygenated fuel like the U4 series, but otherwise not. 

• revolucien

Posted February 18, 2016 - 10:06 AM

Unfortunately the product categories don't have a tools and accessories option so I was not able to find a manual for either V0 or V1 model tuners.  Thanks for the info about the octane.  It has been running lean since putting the pipe on and running hot so I need to increase fuel duration and I'd like to soften the initial hit just a little so maybe retard the timing just a bit. 

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.