Does the FX render the WR obsolete?

Yamaha WR450F

43 replies to this topic
  • stevethe

Posted December 19, 2015 - 10:42 AM

I rode for years without a headlight and have been caught out multiple times in the dark. It's not fun tip-toeing down a rocky singletrack hill when you can't see more than a couple feet in front of you. Now my main rides all have headlights, I sometimes plan a ride so as to come back in the dark.

Hum we don't plan nightime rides it just seems some of the riders are die hards that don't know when to come home.

• Andrew Puetz

Posted December 19, 2015 - 06:32 PM

FX will eventually replace my WR. I don't need lights and here in Montana I can plate a yz if I want. For me it's the perfect bike.

Thats kind of my thought process.  While I can't plate it (not a big issue for me), we WR Riders are uncorking them and trying to make them almost an FX anyway.  Sure, i would like a light on it, but more or less this FX seems like what we are after (outside of the CA rulebook)  This bike will be my next as well. Glad Yamaha is in the game.  Just think if we liked green or yellow.... we couldn't have a thread like this...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RockerYZWR

Posted December 20, 2015 - 03:09 PM

I have had to rely on my WR's headlight zero times - it's all a matter of where you ride and how you plan. If you think you might possibly need a light source, plan accordingly - it doesn't have to be a headlight. Maybe I should try a night trail ride.

• msgbean

Posted December 21, 2015 - 10:19 AM

I now have an FX. I have never used my WRs headlight the last 4 years.  I now just carry a headlamp in my pack just in case.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha WR450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Show Us You 2016 WR450f & Mods by chelder

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  34 replies
Forums
Photo

any reason why to get new Beta 450rr instead of wr450f ? by motf

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  80 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.