Help Identifying Cams

3 replies to this topic
  • MxSkater86

Posted December 14, 2015 - 01:10 PM

I bought a 2014 YZ 450. The previous owner(local pro) said that his father put a set of cams in it but he didn't know what kind they were. So when we were tearing the bike down I snapped a shot of the cams to try and figure out what was in it. After a short search I couldn't really find anything relating to these cams. I didn't know if anyone else might know what they are or where to look.

Attached Thumbnails

• 13280.jpeg
  • 13283.jpeg

• stevethe

Posted December 15, 2015 - 12:36 PM

I bought a 2014 YZ 450. The previous owner(local pro) said that his father put a set of cams in it but he didn't know what kind they were. So when we were tearing the bike down I snapped a shot of the cams to try and figure out what was in it. After a short search I couldn't really find anything relating to these cams. I didn't know if anyone else might know what they are or where to look.

Hot cams are usually numbered if they were hot cams.

Your best bet might be to buy some new cams from a 16 as It seems everyone likes the better torque they produce.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MxSkater86

Posted December 15, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Well I really like these cams alot over the stock 14s. I just wanted to know for reference if/when I decide to sell the bike.

• knuckleduster271

Posted December 15, 2015 - 03:14 PM

Pretty sure those are gytr cams.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.