Any value in 2016 yz450f ecu with launch control

16 replies to this topic
  • Ctown208

Posted December 11, 2015 - 04:13 PM

I have the oem set up off my 16 along with the gytr tuner. Is there any value in that? Is this something a person with a 14-15 might want to upgrade to? Also wondering the same for the head and cams and tb.

I know there's a forsale section but just wondering if it's worth my time

Mods can delete if needed

• grayracer513

Posted December 12, 2015 - 07:19 AM

I would rather control the launch myself, thanks, so no value to me.  Might find someone, though.

• stevethe

Posted December 12, 2015 - 08:49 AM

Hum somebody building a 16.

If you do post up what your using and any results if you can.

• Ctown208

Posted December 12, 2015 - 04:17 PM

I would rather control the launch myself, thanks, so no value to me. Might find someone, though.

I felt the same way until running the launch control, it's actually pretty cool map. The key is just shifting out of it fast enough to get back to power mode.
I can see why people would want it after trying it.

• Ctown208

Posted December 12, 2015 - 04:22 PM

Hum somebody building a 16.

If you do post up what your using and any results if you can.

Gytr head/ not sure on the cams. I'll play with a few different ones.
R&d throttle body.
Vortex ecu.
Yoshimara full exhuast.

Nothing crazy. Just playing around with the motor

• stevethe

Posted December 13, 2015 - 07:52 AM

Gytr head/ not sure on the cams. I'll play with a few different ones.
R&d throttle body.
Vortex ecu.
Yoshimara full exhuast.
Nothing crazy. Just playing around with the motor

Nice components. Post up any results or review of your ripper.

• Ctown208

Posted December 22, 2015 - 06:58 PM

Well installed all the goodies and got the vortex all dialed in. The bike defiantly rips now. I haven't dynoed it yet but the power is there. I have a trip to the dunes for New Years that will be a good test on the set up with the gytr cams. After I will swap the 16 cams back into it and see what she dose.

The gytr head is actually a very nice head. On the yfzr quads the head isn't all that but on this yz I really am pleased with the product. I'm curious to the specs on the gytr cams. I can't seem to find them anywhere. I may just send them to a buddy to get checked if all else fails. As for the genius tb that thing is a work of art. Dean really makes a nice product.

• stevethe

Posted December 23, 2015 - 06:19 AM

Well installed all the goodies and got the vortex all dialed in. The bike defiantly rips now. I haven't dynoed it yet but the power is there. I have a trip to the dunes for New Years that will be a good test on the set up with the gytr cams. After I will swap the 16 cams back into it and see what she dose.
The gytr head is actually a very nice head. On the yfzr quads the head isn't all that but on this yz I really am pleased with the product. I'm curious to the specs on the gytr cams. I can't seem to find them anywhere. I may just send them to a buddy to get checked if all else fails. As for the genius tb that thing is a work of art. Dean really makes a nice product.

Yea they don't list the GYTR cam specs. Some have rumored it to be a web cam.

Did it take much dialing in to run with the Vortex. Is the fuel and ignition adjustable with a iPhone and wi fi.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ctown208

Posted December 23, 2015 - 09:42 AM

Yea they don't list the GYTR cam specs. Some have rumored it to be a web cam.

Did it take much dialing in to run with the Vortex. Is the fuel and ignition adjustable with a iPhone and wi fi.

Dean sent me a map for the tb , I just had to load it for the most part. I did take a bit of fuel out of the map to lean it out but it's pretty close from dean. I just have to play with maps its in my nature. But all in all the map is prob spot on. I don't have high compression piston so that's why I leaned mine out a tad.

No the vortex at this point requires a laptop in order to adjust the software. It's pretty complex in comparison to the systems that work off apps. I've seen the phone style on turbo rzrs and this is far more advanced than just the basics.

Most people wouldn't need to adjust the ecu other than the manual trim switches. I just want mine set up so I can run oxy fuel mr12 if I decide to.

• Ctown208

Posted December 30, 2015 - 11:55 AM

So after playing with the tune for a bit I picked up a lot of power from off idle to about 8k. Huge power for a 450based bike. I'm really impressed with this throttle body and vortex set up. By far the best improvement for the money on a 450based bike I've seen. The ride ability and power transfer is amazing.

I would suggest this for all kinds of riding.

• stevethe

Posted December 30, 2015 - 02:25 PM

So after playing with the tune for a bit I picked up a lot of power from off idle to about 8k. Huge power for a 450based bike. I'm really impressed with this throttle body and vortex set up. By far the best improvement for the money on a 450based bike I've seen. The ride ability and power transfer is amazing.
I would suggest this for all kinds of riding.

Those are the components that I would to use as well. Are you using the software from Vortex to tune it on your computer?

• Ctown208

Posted December 30, 2015 - 03:45 PM

Those are the components that I would to use as well. Are you using the software from Vortex to tune it on your computer?

Yea cuz I didn't know dean gave me 8 maps.
Once I tuned one of them for my set up I found out that dean gave me 8 different fuel maps.

One of his maps is basically identical to what I made up.

The bike starts first few kicks when cold out 20 degrees
Then once warm starts first kick.

• Ctown208

Posted December 30, 2015 - 03:51 PM

Honestly tho if you go with deans tb I would just use his maps and save the money on the software

• stevethe

Posted December 30, 2015 - 04:42 PM

Honestly tho if you go with deans tb I would just use his maps and save the money on the software

So as to not be confused you are using the R&D Genius billet fuel injection and it's not James Dean jetting is it?

So did R&D work out the settings of the vortex?

I am going to do a new WR450 so I may have to bug Vortex to see when they come out with a ECU for the new bikes.

• jc6711

Posted December 30, 2015 - 07:16 PM

$1500 for a throttle body

• stevethe

Posted December 30, 2015 - 07:57 PM

$1500 for a throttle body

I've heard the hardware store sells blocks of aluminum. If your a great machinest you could save some big buck$$$.

http://youtu.be/2wwSikLCGBk

You can do it.

Edited by stevethe, December 30, 2015 - 08:02 PM.

• Ctown208

Posted December 30, 2015 - 08:27 PM

So as to not be confused you are using the R&D Genius billet fuel injection and it's not James Dean jetting is it?

So did R&D work out the settings of the vortex?

I am going to do a new WR450 so I may have to bug Vortex to see when they come out with a ECU for the new bikes.

Yeah sorry. I get lazy when typing on my phone.
R&d billet throttle body.

Dean from R&D has his own maps for his product. They are spot on for the most part.

I thought the price was high to at first but the product says other. It's honestly a work of art. He has some serious time into them and no corners cut.

The power from idle to 8k is crazy now. I never imagined it to be as good as claimed until I tuned it in.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.