FMF Titanium4

3 replies to this topic

Posted March 03, 2002 - 01:48 PM

I bought the full titanium exhaust system for my 01 yz426f. Checked the FMF site for base line jetting suggestions. They showed stock settings of 45 pilot, 175 main. They suggest going to a 48 pilot, 180 main, leave the needle alone, and go to 2 3/4 turns on the air screw. All reasonable information. However, these are not the stock carb settings on my bike. I'm at a 42 pilot,162 main. I think I will start with a 45 pilot, and 167 main. Unless anyone has alreads solved this.
Thanks Gary

• bullitboy

Posted March 03, 2002 - 03:09 PM

How do you like the fit and finish on the pipe? I know you haven't had time to test it, but I was curious about the pipe since I was interested in one. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wylie1

Posted March 04, 2002 - 05:17 PM

Hey nelsongp1,

I bought the titanium 4 exhaust, with the titanium powerbomb header. I noticed that they had the wrong jetting information for the 2001 yz426's. So I called fmf up and here is what they told me:
Go up three sizes on your main, raise your needle one notch and leave your fuel adjustment and pilot alone. I did this and I ended up with moving the clip on the needle from the fourth position to the fifth and a 170 main. I still had to mess with my fuel screw, but this should give you a good place to start.

Posted March 05, 2002 - 05:02 AM

It is truly a work of art. I'm a dealer and looked at one at the Indy show. I bought it based on looks alone. It bolted on with no problems. The proof should be in the performance. I will let you know Bullitboy.
James, thanks for the tips.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.