04 YZ450F Tank and seat on Wr450

2 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted March 01, 2004 - 04:37 PM

I boought a used YZ tank and a new YZ seat. The tank should fit fine, but the seat (which arrived first) is not even close. Is the seat even needed? Has anyone done this? Any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MasiveMoe

Posted March 01, 2004 - 06:51 PM

I bought a Clarke tank for the 04 yz/wr's and it fit just fine. I then purchased a seat from a 2003 YZ-F and it didn't mount up either. When I talked with tech @ Clarke, they said, "..the difference isn't even noticable in the new seat/tank set up." I think the yz seat doesn't mount up due to the subframe/airbox/battery set-up on the WR's.

Moe

• sjwr450

Posted March 01, 2004 - 08:15 PM

I just put both on and it's enough to bother me. I have 2 choices. One I tear the foam and cover off the new one and mount to the WR plastic. Or I wait to see if Zip-Ty's works. Their website says they have one that fits both, but information is limited. If I do my own I'll take pics.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.