No AP Squirt?

4 replies to this topic
  • Tim_in_WA

Posted March 01, 2004 - 02:50 PM

I just got done disassembling and cleaning out my carb. I then filled it with gas so I could check the AP squirt timing and duration (BK mod) since it's been awhile, but there is no gas squirting out at all! Am I missing something here?

I thought that maybe some of the passages aren't filling with gas because I took the carb apart? Does the carb need some vacuum (like if it was in the bike and running) to fill all the passages with fuel? I was pretty meticulous putting the carb back together, so I don't think it's anything I did. :)

• sabin

Posted March 01, 2004 - 10:36 PM

You may have put the spring on the wrong side of the diafragm(must be on the button),or the AP jet is cloged...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slr

Posted March 02, 2004 - 01:17 PM

this happens to me when i clean my carb to. back off your bk mod and prime it then set bk mod back.

• Tim_in_WA

Posted March 02, 2004 - 04:13 PM

SLR, you guessed it! After verifying that I installed the diaphragms correctly, I backed off the BK mod screw (squirt duration) and immediately got the squirt! I reset the screw to it's original setting, and now I'm back in business. :) Thanks for the help!

• slr

Posted March 03, 2004 - 09:08 AM

your welcome. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.