Changing oil

3 replies to this topic
  • oranj

Posted December 06, 2015 - 07:35 PM

I just picked up a 2011 YZ450F today and the previous owner stated I would need to loosen a bleeder bolt located on the side of the engine on the kickstart side of the bike. The bike did not come with a manual and I did some searches on this forum and you tube but found nothing about this "bleeder screw". I did see there were two drain bolts and the bike takes a full court of oil. I just wanna make sure I don't mess the engine up by doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first four stroke bike since I was a kid on a XR75. Thanks in advance.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 06, 2015 - 09:05 PM

He is referring to the 'oil check bolt' on the side of the motor; some use it to verify the oil quantity in the motor.

You are better off to measure the oil you add, every time.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slow and Jerky

Posted December 07, 2015 - 04:10 AM

You should be able to download a manual here:

• oranj

Posted December 09, 2015 - 05:41 AM

Thank you both for the information. 

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.