Found some ball in the garage xD

8 replies to this topic
  • Prob1em

Posted December 04, 2015 - 11:12 AM

I was cleaning my car and found some metal ball in the floor. Ball is 7,92mm in diameter. I was recently changing steel plates on my yz450f. Is it possible that I forgot to put ball in place when I was putting push rod in place??? Clutch works good BTW  :o

Edited by Prob1em, December 04, 2015 - 11:16 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted December 04, 2015 - 12:06 PM

You would have had to take up a bit of slack in the cable had you left that out from between the push rods, but that is what it looks like, yes.

• Prob1em

Posted December 04, 2015 - 02:34 PM

Hmm, my English is not so great, so I don't know what you're tellin me :o

Does that mean that my clutch lever should have basically no free play cuz it has to be pushed further?

• Jlash

Posted December 04, 2015 - 05:18 PM

its ok, i believe he is saying that IF you had left the ball out, there would be LOTS of freeplay in the lever. does your lever have the same amount of free play as it did before?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Prob1em

Posted December 05, 2015 - 12:24 AM

Practicaly no free play :o

• Justin89

Posted December 05, 2015 - 08:16 AM

Ive made that mistake before, start your bike and try and ride it. Mine wouldnt engage the clutch without the ball. Sucks but easy fix. My lever seemed normal

• Prob1em

Posted December 05, 2015 - 08:24 AM

Clutch work prrfectly. So its possible that this ball is from something else? :o

• KTMfinrider

Posted December 05, 2015 - 08:40 AM

Clutch work prrfectly. So its possible that this ball is from something else? :o

You feeling lately like you are missing some marbles from upstairs? :D 

• Bass Mechanic

Posted December 15, 2015 - 07:02 PM

I had balls like that on my floor and they fell out of the cheap ass casters on my shop stool I bought from harbor freight. Also had them come out of casters on a craftsman floor jack. You might check those possibilities

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.