Twin air power-flo on 2014 450f

3 replies to this topic
  • josko

Posted December 03, 2015 - 09:41 PM

I picked up sweet 450f with some special parts. There is Twin air power-flow kit on the bike. I am wondering if the airfilter is different than the orginal? 

So do I need to buy power-flo airfilters or can I use any airfilter that is made for my bike?

• stevethe

Posted December 04, 2015 - 05:28 AM

I'm not sure about the newer YZ bikes. But on the 07-11 WR450's it consisted of a air filter and a billet cage without a backfire screen.
I found the air filter too small and restrictive but used the cage without the backfire screen with a different less restrictive filter.
So likley you can do the same.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drenmaster

Posted December 04, 2015 - 06:45 AM

I picked up sweet 450f with some special parts. There is Twin air power-flow kit on the bike. I am wondering if the airfilter is different than the orginal? 

So do I need to buy power-flo airfilters or can I use any airfilter that is made for my bike?

Stock filters will not work. the twin air ones are deeper and lets filter cage sit inside the filter. 

• grayracer513

Posted December 04, 2015 - 08:59 AM

Besides which, the so-called powerflow kit removes the backfire screen, so the element has to be treated with additional fire retardants. 

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.