2016 YZ450F green sticker

9 replies to this topic
  • jimbopitts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 10:28 AM

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this. Got my registration in the mail yesterday and the vin is correct and date sold is correct but the model year is listed,as a 1986 and they gave me a green sticker

• grayracer513

Posted November 29, 2015 - 10:45 AM

Yeah, that's funny.  The funniest part, though, will be when you get caught running the erroneously issued sticker outside of red sticker season.  Ranger Dick will impound the bike and you'll be fined.  The whole thing will cost you nearly a grand by the time the smoke clears.  I know it's their mistake, and so do they, but they will have all the sympathy of someone who was setting a trap for you in the first place.

Seen it. 

Bureaucrats 

• jimbopitts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 10:47 AM

Yep, good thing im a motocross guy

• jimbopitts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 10:49 AM

Do you think the dmv will offer to pay my impound fees and fines? Lol

• jimbopitts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 10:53 AM

In all seriousness, its the sticker they issued me. How can i be held liable

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 29, 2015 - 11:13 AM

Now you're trying to think things through using logic and common sense when I know that you know that neither one applies to either the DMV or the Ranger services.

• jimbopitts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 11:15 AM

Dmv definitely, never had an encounter with forest Rangers

• jimbopitts

Posted November 29, 2015 - 12:50 PM

Thanks grey for the warning about rangers, it has to get fixed anyway so the title will be accurate

• grayracer513

Posted November 29, 2015 - 02:25 PM

Dmv definitely, never had an encounter with forest Rangers

Just like you find the occasional nice guy at the DMV, most(?) rangers are reasonable people.  Too many are prone to be abusive of their authority. You only have to meet the wrong one at the wrong time once.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 29, 2015 - 06:07 PM

Now you're trying to think things through using logic and common sense when I know that you know that neither one applies to either the DMV or the Ranger services.

:worthy:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.