2015 yz450 lose of power at high rpm?

7 replies to this topic
  • Burma290

Posted November 26, 2015 - 03:18 PM

It straight bogs if I hit a g out while giving it a handful of throttle. But only for a second. Then at high speed it does it. My bike has 70 hrs on it any ideas I was going to start with the basics and do a plug clean tank and put the one air filter back in

• mikey38

Posted November 26, 2015 - 04:22 PM

Check your fuell line.I took my tank off and twisted it the wrong way and pinch the line.

• Burma290

Posted November 26, 2015 - 04:45 PM

Thanks Miley I will do that tomorrow in the shop. I will post results. These forums are so helpful huh :)

• Burma290

Posted December 03, 2015 - 06:40 PM

Okay so new spark plug, put a new ecu in it from a new bike at the shop leak by test cleared #30 code off of ydc now is getting worse blowing smoke on deceleration when revving, also changed oil and made sure the screen was clear. The intake is clean everything is still good. when i seat bounce it acts like whaaaa bbbooggggg! then whaa it picks back up any help please???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted December 04, 2015 - 08:51 AM

Don't have a code chart handy, what does the DTC 30 say?

• Burma290

Posted December 04, 2015 - 10:54 AM

something about the angle censer and oil pressure. but the angle censer is in the ecu and everything with the oil checks out. we also checked fuel pressure it was 100% OKAY  

• bigbird192

Posted December 07, 2015 - 06:41 AM

My first right was fuel pump. I have seen several others on here have issues with them and I wouldn't rule out a fuel delivery problem since your issue is intermittent. It would be highly unlikely that you could replicate the problem in the shop. Could be many different things causing your issues, but don't rule out fuel delivery just yet. Other more knowledgeable people on here can probably help you more with other things to check.

• Burma290

Posted December 19, 2015 - 02:32 PM

You guys i feel like a horses butoot. I ended up pinching my kill switch wire  when i moved my bar mounts to the upper spot in the clamp. just took a long time to have it ground out lol im a idiot !!! thanks for the replies though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.