2015 WR450F rear suspension set up

5 replies to this topic
  • wrthomas

Posted November 26, 2015 - 10:51 AM

What's a good setup for just general cruising around for a 250 lb rider?  

• Texas2Smoker

Posted November 26, 2015 - 11:46 AM

Swap in the right spring for your weight, set the sag and play with the clickers. In my opinion the rear shock is golden. My forks may need a revalving at some point, but most likely just a spring swap. The suspension on these bikes is awesome.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 26, 2015 - 12:14 PM

Racetech.com

Do front AND rear

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikenash

Posted November 26, 2015 - 01:53 PM

weight 240 and I have 2014 and all you need to do is go up one size stiffer on the springs both ends. No revalve needed. But you need to do both ends!

Edited by mikenash, November 26, 2015 - 02:36 PM.

• RockerYZWR

Posted November 26, 2015 - 05:29 PM

Racetech.com

Do front AND rear

Don't just do the forks like I did a couple years ago and think it's fine. The handling was transformed when I finally did the shock on my WR. Noticeably better in all conditions.

• YamaLink

Posted November 30, 2015 - 07:01 AM

And in case you need a refresher on sag after the new springs: http://www.tootechra...ension_tips.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.