rear brake resivoir

11 replies to this topic
  • mat

Posted March 02, 2002 - 06:37 PM

well i looked down today at the track and saw my rear brake resivoir was broken and danging down by the frame guard, anyone know if there is a durable replacement, hopefully a metal one

• Farmboy

Posted March 02, 2002 - 07:30 PM

The same thing happened to me last fall Mat. I just taped it up for the last few weeks of riding that was left. I am looking for a replacment for it now, but haven't found anything but the regular plastic one. My resources around here are pretty slim though, so if you find a better one send me a PM.

Jake
WR 426

• Norman

Posted March 02, 2002 - 08:02 PM

Pro Circuit makes one that is metal but it is round like a CR, I have thought about trying to make it work on a YZ but never have really needed to. I think it cost around 50 bucks.

Norman K.

• Boit

Posted March 02, 2002 - 09:40 PM

Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment might be another source.

• yzernie

Posted March 03, 2002 - 12:10 AM

Originally posted by Boit:
Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment might be another source.

I have the Stroker billet aluminum reservoir. It is the same size as the stock one and bolts right up. I think they are around $35-$40 but you'll never have to worry about it again. Stroker's web site is under reconstruction so here is their phone number 760.948.2871.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a photo. If I can figure out how to post a photo I'll do that.

Ernie

• DaveJ

Posted March 03, 2002 - 07:44 PM

Over the course of the last month, with about four track rides now in, I have been running the bike without a rear brake reservoir.

The motivation was both weight reduction and simplicity in areas of things that could fail.

Since the rear brake encounters very little brake pad wear, (if any) there is essentially little or no need for the extra fluid that's carried on board.

I have simply caped the system and done away with the reservoir, hose, mount and aluminum guard. Perhaps 1/2 pound at best.

However, I don't think I would do this unless you have a regimented process for reviewing your bike after given intervals of use.

By the way, doesn’t BBR make a replacement?

DaveJ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted March 05, 2002 - 09:11 AM

Mat,

Your PM mailbox is too full to accept any other messages. If you will give me your e-mail address, I'll send the photos to you asap.

Ernie

• acarter920

Posted March 05, 2002 - 09:31 AM

A lil' bit of JB weld and lotsa duct tape should do the job quite nicely. :)

• Weezer_#_1

Posted March 05, 2002 - 03:07 PM

Dr. D will have one available shortly.

• Hokie

Posted March 05, 2002 - 04:07 PM

Originally posted by yzernie:

I have the Stroker billet aluminum reservoir. It is the same size as the stock one and bolts right up. I think they are around $35-$40 but you'll never have to worry about it again. Stroker's web site is under reconstruction so here is their phone number 760.948.2871.

Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you a photo. If I can figure out how to post a photo I'll do that.

Ernie

When did you get the stroker reservoir?
I tried to get one last season and they told me that they were all sold out and would not be making any more.

• yzernie

Posted March 05, 2002 - 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Hokie:
When did you get the stroker reservoir?
I tried to get one last season and they told me that they were all sold out and would not be making any more.

I was in the shop last week and saw a couple of them. If that is what they told you then there must be some validity to it. I'll check on that for you.

Ernie

Ernie

• Hokie

Posted March 06, 2002 - 06:19 AM

Originally posted by yzernie:

I was in the shop last week and saw a couple of them. If that is what they told you then there must be some validity to it. I'll check on that for you.

Ernie

Ernie

When I talked to them, they said that the owner? might have hidden some away, but I could never verify that.

I know that you don't know me from Adam, but
if you go in there and see one, pick it up for me!
I'll FedEx you a money order the next day!

Thanks,

Tim

PS - I just saw that you are sponsored by them, so maybe you have access to the secret stash! :)

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: Hokie ]

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.