Need to breathe

5 replies to this topic
  • Jawbone

Posted March 01, 2004 - 05:35 AM

Looking for ways to open the airbox. That damn battery is in the way.

Posted March 01, 2004 - 05:39 AM

03 or 04? The 04 has some pre-punched cut outs on the right side of the air box. Remove the right air box cover and you will see them. I cut mine out with a sharp utility knife. Of course the bike isn't very water-proof after you do this mod. Also have you already removed the snorkel?

• Mike_Hudson

Posted March 01, 2004 - 09:36 AM

While I had the rear subframe off for a spring change I took the dremel tool to the airbox. I took out the lid/battery holder and cut the top lip off. I then cut the back off of the rectangular opening (leaving the center divider) and cut the sides off to meet the front lower corner. I cut two eyebrow holes in the back of the airbox above where the rear fender meets the box. If someone can host the pics for me I have several good ones (or I can email them directly to you). Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 01, 2004 - 09:48 AM

Those mods mike did are based on my cut outs of the air box last February and are posted on David Dialogue's web site photos:

• Jawbone

Posted March 01, 2004 - 10:03 AM

Thanks Mike, jpeg's would be great! Home e-mailis:

Mark D.

• Mike_Hudson

Posted March 01, 2004 - 12:01 PM

Sorry, Indy...give credit where credit is due :) I've got several pics of the airbox completely disassembled that may be helpful if David wants to add them to his web site.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.