wr400 f electric start???

4 replies to this topic
  • vincegatcore.com

Posted May 10, 2001 - 04:11 AM

My bike is a 1998 wr400fk.
I have owned it since day one.
It has a right side case with an additional part of the casting that could be for an electric start.

It is in right place for a starter.

this part of the casting has a machined surface (ready for a gasket) but does not have the mounting holes drilled or tapped.

is this part on my bike also used somewhere else in the yamaha line or is this a prototype???

My bike was the first one the dealer got.

Does anyone else have this same case?
I have never seen another one, neither has any dealer I have shown it to.

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 10, 2001 - 04:31 AM

maybe it's the Doug Henry prototype???

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vincegatcore.com

Posted May 10, 2001 - 04:57 AM

Real funny but no help.

• WR400inOZ

Posted May 10, 2001 - 02:43 PM

or Maybe it was abducted by Aliens...? :)

Above is an article on a magic button for the 426.

but never heard of what you have described.

• YZ400Court

Posted May 10, 2001 - 08:03 PM

I have often wondered about the machined surface you are refering to. Maybe they plan on using the engine in a quad later on (like the xr400 motor has electric start in EX400 quad form). I'll send the fine folks at Yamaha an e-mail and see if they respond.

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.