Wr426 idle issues

2 replies to this topic
  • masdomonkey

Posted November 21, 2015 - 04:01 PM

I just cleaned the carb, choke it on first few kicks, it starts but cant stay started, I gave it gas once and i got it to run, but i let off and it died

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 21, 2015 - 04:18 PM

You pilot jet or the passage above it, is clogged or partially clogged.

What does ' I just cleaned the carb' actually  mean..... because a carb that old really needs to be rebuilt......

http://www.dirtrider...r_carb_rebuild/

• masdomonkey

Posted November 22, 2015 - 01:56 PM

You pilot jet or the passage above it, is clogged or partially clogged.

What does ' I just cleaned the carb' actually mean..... because a carb that old really needs to be rebuilt......

http://www.dirtrider...r_carb_rebuild/

Its cool i got it to run now, where the boot connects there were two small jets my guess is for air flow on the idle but i cleaned them and it started up nice. The only thing im worried about is when i was starting it ( this never happend to me yet) the compression felt really low like i could kick it without the comp release, it started really low rpm but i remember seeing this plug that goes on the carb, so i thought maybe it was that telling the cdi to open it or something i dont know , but that was with no choke, then i started it with choke and fiddled with the idle and it kicked normal after that when i started it again (needing the comp release to kick the fu&king thing)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.