New bike and first post

7 replies to this topic
  • r_dawg1021

Posted February 29, 2004 - 08:26 PM

Just got an '04 450.
I'm quickly reading through past posts to find out more about these "free mods" :)
Found the service manual so that was a bonus.

• tp3dxf

Posted February 29, 2004 - 08:49 PM

Welcome to the board. Congrats on the virgin bike. I love vigins.

You made a good choice your bike will serve you well.

As far as free mods on a 04 not really sure. I own a 01 but the free mods on my bike worked out well for me.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

• coldweld

Posted February 29, 2004 - 10:32 PM

Got my 04 450 Friday .
Still waiting for road kit though should be here to-day monday.
Swapped bars,added frame guards/brush guards,rerouting breather pipe later

• ddialogue

Posted March 01, 2004 - 08:54 AM

Welcome to TT and enjoy the new WR450! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • maes426

Posted March 01, 2004 - 09:21 AM

I just picked up my first bike Too! 2002 WR426F with only 165 easy miles. I am just joining the sport and have signed up for this website. I am feverishly trying to understand these "free mods". I just rode it 2 miles yesterday and it seems very tame. Please help with the mods anyone! It appears I need to cut a gray and blue wire (both in different bundles) then lift the airbox lid, and pull out the exhaust baffle, install a yz throttle stop or cut mine. Some people say we need to get a YZ Cam but not sure it is necessary. Also, I am trying to decide which hand gaurds to buy. Any suggestions for trail riding?

• MonK_E

Posted March 01, 2004 - 12:54 PM

Hi and welcome to TT, even though I am quite new to the forum my self I will tell you now that there is no were on the Internet like TT. The guys hear are so helpful with any problems or questions people have. :D

I just got my first WR400 on Saturday, it is a 99 model and needs a bit of TLC. i have it in about a thousand different bits at the moment because its secondhand and i didn't know how well the previous owner maintained it so i thought i will do a teardown before i ride it to much. the engine has just had a rebuild and hasn't even been broken in yet (what a bonus).

The free mods had all ready been done when I got it and the power is crazy, I just blipped the throttle and I was speeding down my garden on my back wheel. :D :D :D

Have lots of fun on that virgin machine and ride safe :)

Simon the MonK-E

• Bamster

Posted March 02, 2004 - 04:11 AM

Welcome aboard. :)

• gfergtr74

Posted March 02, 2004 - 12:25 PM

Welcome aboard. You picked a great bike :). Not sure of the free mods on the 450's but on my 400 holy crap. Huge difference. Good luck and enjoy.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.