Carb/throttle cable issue 2011 wr450 - Identify part

5 replies to this topic
  • Middle

Posted November 18, 2015 - 08:11 PM

In the image, what exactly is the yellow circled part called.  I must be going crazy, manual seems to refer to it as throttle shaft assembly.  I need to replace it, the whole shaft if needed, or just the wheel portion if possible, but i cant seem to find the right part.

The red area circled is SUPER flimsy, to the point if i touch it, it folds half way over, definitely going to break.

What specifically is this called, or where can i get a replacement?

Thanks,

ztrtJbJ.jpg

• stevethe

Posted November 19, 2015 - 07:22 AM

I don't think they sell that part. You might want to get a used YZ carb or take it to a welding shop and let them use a Tig welder to put a tack weld on it.

• Middle

Posted November 19, 2015 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did contact a local guy that sounds like he can TIG weld it for me.  Im in MN, its like 20 degrees F, and snowing today, so i have a few months before it matters i suppose!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 19, 2015 - 04:16 PM

It must be rusty, huh........

• Middle

Posted November 20, 2015 - 01:49 PM

Nah, not a spot of rust on her.  

I did get it to a welder, stronger than it was from the factory now it seems.

• grayracer513

Posted November 23, 2015 - 08:47 AM

That's the throttle shaft assembly.  Honda offers it for the '08 CRF450 among others, should be the same thing.  If not, Sudco will have it. 

But, if you look at how that's put together, I doubt there would be a problem as long as the red section either stays put or falls clear of everything when it drops off.  You probably could apply a dab of black silicon in the slot between the two cable barrels and go on with life with no worries, IMO.

Gluing a reinforcing strip of sheet metal over the weak area with JB is also a viable option if you watch the clearance.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.