02 wr426 give me your suggestions please!

2 replies to this topic
  • latehit

Posted February 29, 2004 - 06:16 PM

Well I finally got outside and let my bike rip. I was very happy with it however I noticed an occational fairly healthy backfire on deceleration. I have done the BK mod and the ACV mod and everything else in the carb is stock. It ran very strong from bottom to top. It just has an occational backfire that I couldn't seem to get rid of with the fuel screw. It was fairly cold out when I rode and I know that leans it out some. So I guess my question is...Should I worry about it or should I just be happy with it? thanks in advance. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted February 29, 2004 - 09:05 PM

Like always, it is hard to be definitive without hearing it in person, but a handful of pops during deceleration is normal. It is possible to tune them out of existence, but then, in my experience, throttle response and rideability suffer (the bike becomes more stall-prone, for one thing).

This will vary according to the exhaust, I think an uncorked WR can is the worst in this regard w/ most of the louder aftermarket systems a close second and a stock YZ can in third.

So I wouldn't worry about it, particularly given the colder conditions.

• latehit

Posted March 01, 2004 - 05:28 AM

Thanks, for your opinion. I will ride and be happy then!!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.