starter back fire/ jetting?

2 replies to this topic
  • bonecrusher69

Posted February 29, 2004 - 06:09 PM

I have a 03 WR450. I did all the free mods and replaced the main jet with a 168. The starter jet is drilled to .028, about 2 1/2 turns on the fuel/air screw. The bike starts instantly but a split second before it starts there is a sharp snap like sound from the exhaust. Other than that the bike runs great. any ideas out there. :) Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 29, 2004 - 06:36 PM

Buy the JD jetting kit from this forum's store and follow his basic instructions. You will be happy with the results. Backfiring will be minimized. I do not recommend drilling jets. Buy a 48 pilot jet and a 72 starter jet as well. That should complete your jetting needs year round. :)

• bonecrusher69

Posted March 01, 2004 - 05:42 AM

Thanks Indy I'll do that, :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.