2015 WR450F

32 replies to this topic
  • wrthomas

Posted November 22, 2015 - 03:07 PM

Got to take my bike out for a good 2 hour ride today.  425 acres of pasture, wooded areas and creeks.  Had a blast and got some

mud and dirt on my bike.  I know this is gonna sound bad, especially here on TT, but I'm wondering how much more power I really

need.  My bike runs great and plenty of power.  Still haven't removed the throttle screw either.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 22, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Got to take my bike out for a good 2 hour ride today.  425 acres of pasture, wooded areas and creeks.  Had a blast and got some

mud and dirt on my bike.  I know this is gonna sound bad, especially here on TT, but I'm wondering how much more power I really

need.  My bike runs great and plenty of power.  Still haven't removed the throttle screw either.

...but you can't even lift the front wheel on demand.....how can that be safe at all ??

• wrthomas

Posted November 22, 2015 - 04:21 PM

Not true, you can EASILY lift with front wheel in second gear, no clutch.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 22, 2015 - 04:53 PM

Not true, you can EASILY lift with front wheel in second gear, no clutch.

Then your throttle stop has already been changed.

• wrthomas

Posted November 22, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Interesting.  I mean I bought it brand new from the dealer.  Had no miles on it.  You think its been changed huh?  Now

I guess I'll have to take it to work and have a look.  When I turn the throttle it goes maybe a 1/4 turn.  Hard to tell I guess.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 22, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Interesting.  I mean I bought it brand new from the dealer.  Had no miles on it.  You think its been changed huh?  Now

I guess I'll have to take it to work and have a look.  When I turn the throttle it goes maybe a 1/4 turn.  Hard to tell I guess.

It's about cable travel distance

Turns is revlevant if only the throttle cam and housing are the same

Stock travel is 8mm less than with the throttle stop removed

17mm vs 25mm of throttle cable travel.

If you are only getting what feels like 1/4 turn, you still have the stop

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaconne

Posted November 22, 2015 - 07:00 PM

The dealer where I bought my bike did the throttle and exhaust unplug for free.

• wrthomas

Posted November 23, 2015 - 06:20 AM

So if it feels like 1/4 turn with throttle then still have the stop but EASY 2nd gear

wheelies indicates no stop.  If I still have the stop and change it to the short

screw and get WAY more power then let me just say that this thing will be

ridiculous.  Again, it's fast and powerful as hell now.  Oh, well, I think I'll go for it...

• KennyMc

Posted November 23, 2015 - 12:02 PM

Yes, you can do 2nd gear wheelies with the throttle stop in and your ass on the back of the seat :D

• wrthomas

Posted December 01, 2015 - 07:01 PM

So I removed the exhaust baffle.  Do I really need a $300 FMF pipe???

• beairmo

Posted December 02, 2015 - 04:16 AM

Slip on is fine for you. Pipes are not the best way to increase power, just the easiest.

Headers come in different diameters and lengths for different power band tuning. They don't make 'more' power, unless the motor is built specifically for it.

The GYTR FMF pipe is a Powercore 4 FMF, SPECIFICALLY tuned for that model bike.

How much louder does the GYTR FMF slip-on add?

On my 09 WR450F I had full FMF and I could barely pass the the sound check at race start. Bike was hitting 101db at 4000 RPM.

• wrthomas

Posted December 12, 2015 - 07:11 PM

Oh well, I replaced my pipe to a FMF and I'm glad I did. It's loud but sounds good really. And runs amazing.

• wrthomas

Posted December 13, 2015 - 03:01 PM

Ok, update on my WR!  All technical mods complete!  WOW what a difference.  Not only more powerful and fast

but just runs amazing.  Easy to start and super smooth.  Header pipe gets a little glow at night but not much.  For

the other newbies considering the mods I must say worth every nickel and to review the mods:  GYTR tuner, ECU

swap, replaced throttle screw, FMF pipe.  Pipe (FMF Power Core 4 Hex S/A Silencer) is loud but not obvoxious.  

No regrets...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.