$139

Weight Advertise 1.3 lbs

CCA 135

WPS (Nifty little test light)

Part# 490-2501

$89

Weight Advertise 1.3 lbs

CCA 150

I own 2 different WPS batteries (one in my dirtbike and one in my street bike) and they kick ass 2 and 3 years later. Excellent bang for buck. Did a review in the Honda CRF450X forums. I should add most of the aftermarket options are IP 66 or water resistant. I did not include Ballistics EVO batteries as I have only heard bad things about them. Only my opinion.

Edited by mobgma

Wow I actually thought the FX was set u for the heavier rider over the XCF

It's just one review and another could like the KTM more. What I did find interesting was the weight was a none issue pretty much. Not that I've ridden the KTM, but the suspension was interesting. I found the suspension to be very firm on the FX. All these reviews says it's right on or could be stiffer. Goes to show you these rider are hitting it a lot harder then me and they obviously ride other bikes.

I would like to know what they mean by more torque. Even though the FX is geared lower the KTM has more torque. You would think with lower gear and high HP motor like the FX would have more torque over a higher gear bike.

I also found it interesting about KTM being better for bigger/taller guys. FX seems plenty big. I have always put the KTM as the more nimble bike, but that is mainly from the 300 2T that I've ridden, different bike. They did talk about the throttle feel, my KTM buddies are still amazed with the response. Also KTM guys thought the clutch was the best cable clutch they have ever tried. So that isn't necessarily a hit against the Yamaha anymore. I also find it interesting that KTM has a smaller front and back width tire from the factory then the FX. I really like a 90 and could live with a 110, but the 120 is nice.

It's just one review and another could like the KTM more. What I did find interesting was the weight was a none issue pretty much. Not that I've ridden the KTM, but the suspension was interesting. I found the suspension to be very firm on the FX. All these reviews says it's right on or could be stiffer. Goes to show you these rider are hitting it a lot harder then me and they obviously ride other bikes.

I would like to know what they mean by more torque. Even though the FX is geared lower the KTM has more torque. You would think with lower gear and high HP motor like the FX would have more torque over a higher gear bike.

I also found it interesting about KTM being better for bigger/taller guys. FX seems plenty big. I have always put the KTM as the more nimble bike, but that is mainly from the 300 2T that I've ridden, different bike. They did talk about the throttle feel, my KTM buddies are still amazed with the response. Also KTM guys thought the clutch was the best cable clutch they have ever tried. So that isn't necessarily a hit against the Yamaha anymore. I also find it interesting that KTM has a smaller front and back width tire from the factory then the FX. I really like a 90 and could live with a 110, but the 120 is nice.

Weight is always an issue...

I agree with you, but the KTM at 244 with fuel. These two aren't that far apart. Go lithium, kick starter, smaller tires. Just to match KTM and your within 13ish pounds. Unless I'm missing something, the rest, both bikes can do, like pipe etc. 13 pounds is workable for me.

First and foremost, for all the Yamaha guys who think I'm a KTM guy trolling in the Yamaha forum, I am not. I own a Yamaha, I own it for certain reasons and as 2015 it was the best 450 out there. I race my Yamaha 450 on a regular basis. I usually finish in the top 3 in Open A/Vet A both in Canada down in the States.

But IMO, the 2016 KTM 4ts in particular the 450 was a game changer in the 450 market. And in an indirect sense you could add the Kawi in their too but, the Kawi doesn't have e-start and has airforks. If the 2017 KTM 450 comes with AF, you can expect another 2-3lb weight loss.

Keeping suspension out of it because lots of people like myself have to get their stuff revalved anyway and the transmission as some prefer wide ratio over close ratio...

*Outside of the Lithium battery and kickstarter, what you do to the YZFX, you could equally do to the KTM in terms of weigh reduction. Though the gains might be smaller on the KTM, the costs would be equal and the YZFX will still always be 10-13lbs heavier. You can argue that you could lose the weight, or its only 15lbs etc etc. But those 15lbs can be felt when you are lifting it over a log, dragging it up a ledge, putting it on a stand, pulling it out of a mud hole etc etc. And if you lift this 15lbs enough, it will multiply over the ride.

I think YZFX in both the 250/450 configuration are excellent models and plans in the near future to put a 450FX in my own garage (mostly due to the setup knowledge and parts I have)...

• Like 1

I don't understand the thinking on why they would have done that. I don't feel comfortable stretching my fuel line to get it to connect to that plastic connector. Crazy that IMS doesn't know that the mounting is different than stock.

When you think about it they didn't have many options.  If they left it stock it would hit the shock.  If they turned it to the other side it would be near the exhaust which would be worse.  So they aimed for the only hole they had available when you are making a tank as big as possible. 

• Like 1

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1454151724.761561.jpg📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1454151749.687724.jpg

📎ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1454151776.420122.jpg

There is the stock header pipe, muffler and the FMF titanium. I think the FMF titanium header saves another pound

Too bad you got the shori battery earth x is way better

Thanks to RMK and Bass for all the weight measurements. Much appreciated.

I am getting tusk after market wheels (black rims with blue hubs). Hopefully they are lighter than stock (they state the front is 10.2 lbs and the rear is 12.8 lbs rim hub spokes, bearings but no brake rotor or sprockets).

Along with full titanium system and a lightweight battery. I am actually getting the PMB kickstand too because I do not like the look of the stock plus I think it is lighter too! The PMB one tucks away nice with a real stiff spring.

Assuming the wheels are the same weight and the kick stand is the same weight I will have lost an estimated 2.45 lbs on the FMF system and 3.25 lbs on the WPS battery = 5.70 lbs.

• Like 1

I am getting tusk after market wheels (black rims with blue hubs). Hopefully they are lighter than stock (they state the front is 10.2 lbs and the rear is 12.8 lbs rim hub spokes, bearings but no brake rotor or sprockets).

Along with full titanium system and a lightweight battery. I am actually getting the PMB kickstand too because I do not like the look of the stock plus I think it is lighter too! The PMB one tucks away nice with a real stiff spring.

Assuming the wheels are the same weight and the kick stand is the same weight I will have lost an estimated 2.45 lbs on the FMF system and 3.25 lbs on the WPS battery = 5.70 lbs.

Let us know what the weight savings is on that kick stand. I would consider it if it was at least half pound.

Tusk wheels will be heavier...

Tusk wheels will be heavier...

I recently got the Tusk wheel setset for my YZ and measured the weight of the front wheel. Stock wheel was 30 grams lighter than the Tusk. I still haven't dismounted the rear tire from the stock wheel to weigh it but will follow up when I do.

I recently got the Tusk wheel setset for my YZ and measured the weight of the front wheel. Stock wheel was 30 grams lighter than the Tusk. I still haven't dismounted the rear tire from the stock wheel to weigh it but will follow up when I do.

Plz do!

The tusk wheels are the same for theYZ450F, YZ450FX and the YZ250FX from 2014 to 2016. You guys will will flame me but i got the 19" rear... :S More tire selection especially where I am and especially for stock paddle tires.

Plz do!

The tusk wheels are the same for theYZ450F, YZ450FX and the YZ250FX from 2014 to 2016. You guys will will flame me but i got the 19" rear... :S More tire selection especially where I am and especially for stock paddle tires.

The only reason I went with them was to get back into the 18" tires for off-road lol. Wish I would have done it 2 years ago when I got the bike!