Anyone pick up a 450FX yet?

951 replies to this topic
  • Jimmy boy

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:23 PM

Clutch! Good topic! The clutch is nice, but I'd like a easier pull if possible. I employ the single index finger methid, be nice to make the pull a tad bit easier.

maybe start pullin it more to get more strength ?

• KennyMc

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:24 PM

Clutch! Good topic! The clutch is nice, but I'd like a easier pull if possible. I employ the single index finger methid, be nice to make the pull a tad bit easier.

Yea, I use 2.

• KennyMc

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:26 PM

which means you don't know, otherwise you'd know, you know?

It's becoming quit clear, you don't.

• Jimmy boy

Posted January 28, 2016 - 06:27 PM

It's becoming quit clear, you don't.

know?

• The Anvil

Posted January 28, 2016 - 07:21 PM

Either of you meatballs "know" what clutch lever is designed to reduce the amount of force needed to pull in the clutch?

• Bass Mechanic

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:37 PM

I just ordered the CLAKE two for my FX I can't wait! And I decided to lose the rear brake pedal I never use it anyway

• RMK800

Posted January 28, 2016 - 08:56 PM

I just ordered the CLAKE two for my FX I can't wait! And I decided to lose the rear brake pedal I never use it anyway

Tell us how that is. Was thinking Rekluse, but I like the engine breaking, but would love to have a left rear brake.

• Bass Mechanic

Posted January 28, 2016 - 09:05 PM

Tell us how that is. Was thinking Rekluse, but I like the engine breaking, but would love to have a left rear brake.

Already have the reckluse but I may get rid of it with time, I still like to clutch between shifts but mainly I want the LHRB and Owen (owner of CLAKE) tells me it is possible to lock the rear wheel with 1 finger. I have the reckluse LHRB already and pretty much hate it also tried the OX brake and returned it (wasn't impressed at all)
I'm looking for something that is ergonomically friendly and effective with just 1 finger and all my research points to CLAKE
I opted for the TWO model but Owen said you can easily buy the pro lever and change it out as it uses the same master cylinder components.
The thing that really sold me on it was when I realized I wasn't the only one who has a hard time reaching the rear brake going downhill with my weight on the rear tire and knowing the clutch pull can be as light as you want it.
I want to work on my enduro skills and eventually I'll lose the auto clutch if the CLAKE works like I think it will

• ckny

Posted January 29, 2016 - 04:18 AM

Lose the brake and auto clutch now if you want to improve your skill. Better yet, buy a 125 ha ha!

• ckny

Posted January 29, 2016 - 04:20 AM

Either of you meatballs "know" what clutch lever is designed to reduce the amount of force needed to pull in the clutch?

This is what you want...
http://www.midwestme.com

Or just ball up and get used to it. I have no issues 1 fingering it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ckny

Posted January 29, 2016 - 04:46 AM

This is what you want...http://www.midwestme.com

Sorry, I forgot they only make them for Brembo and Magura set ups.

• The Anvil

Posted January 29, 2016 - 06:27 AM

Sorry, I forgot they only make them for Brembo and Magura set ups.

Let me get this straight, if I want that Midwest lever that reduces lever pull by 50% I need to buy a hydraulic conversion that also reduces lever pull by 50% or more.

I'm gonna start weight training my left index finger.

• stevethe

Posted January 29, 2016 - 06:40 AM

You have to just man up it's the easiest of any of the 450 Yamaha's I've felt.  1339725901737_8178477.png

• The Anvil

Posted January 29, 2016 - 06:48 AM

You have to just man up it's the easiest of any of the 450 Yamaha's I've felt.  1339725901737_8178477.png

Maybe you can show me how Feb 6th at the snake pit?

• KennyMc

Posted January 29, 2016 - 07:03 AM

:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted January 29, 2016 - 07:09 AM

A Rekluse does not reduce or eliminate engine braking.  At all. 

If the anvil puts a Rekluse Z-Start Pro in it, he'll cure his gearing problem, and have his one finger clutch, even though he won't have to touch the lever 98% of the time, ever again. 

• ckny

Posted January 29, 2016 - 07:27 AM

Maybe you can show me how Feb 6th at the snake pit?

Oh great, 2 old slow guys having a crash contest. Bring the Advil and tampons‍❤‍

• The Anvil

Posted January 29, 2016 - 08:05 AM

Oh great, 2 old slow guys having a crash contest. Bring the Advil and tampons‍❤‍

I don't even need to crash, I got three broken toes a cracked foot, nursing a strained muscle in my left calf. And not one crash

• RMK800

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:31 AM

A Rekluse does not reduce or eliminate engine braking. At all.

If the anvil puts a Rekluse Z-Start Pro in it, he'll cure his gearing problem, and have his one finger clutch, even though he won't have to touch the lever 98% of the time, ever again.

My mistake, I thought down hill engine breaking was affected by the Rekluse . Good to know. Thanks.

• Monk

Posted January 29, 2016 - 10:44 AM

This is what you want...
http://www.midwestme.com

My buddy has these levers. Awesome results but the blade is pretty thick. Need to be thinner...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.