input on hot cams stage I or II for 650r

4 replies to this topic
  • mr660

Posted February 29, 2004 - 12:41 PM

I am partial to HRC products! but am curious to hot cams performance and reliability? anyone have any input? thanks :)

• jbrown404

Posted February 29, 2004 - 04:39 PM

I just installed the stage I cam on my 650r and only have about 100 miles on it so far. The quality of the cam seems pretty good and the performance is alright. It's only a small improvement above the stock piece with an increase in duration on both the intake and exhaust but no additional lift. Only time and miles will tell as to the durability.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • irondude

Posted February 29, 2004 - 04:42 PM

I have the Barnumspro cam- its similar to the stage two.
Stage one will give ya more on the bottom. Two winds out more-so more on the top.

IF you go with the extreme cam you might want to watch for piston/valve issues....the Ross piston is the best in this case. I had to modify the OEM piston with some significant grinds to get clearance!

Either cam gives LOTS of power up. Highly recommended mod.

• qadsan

Posted February 29, 2004 - 05:57 PM

Ditto regarding jbrown404 with my stage 1 Hotcam. Its a quality product and gave me a bit more midrange and a good reason to get rid of my auto decompressor :)

• Old_Man_Time

Posted March 01, 2004 - 08:09 AM

I have the Hotcam Stage 1. No need to change any other parts just install and enjoy. It seems to give me more grunt power, you really feel the difference in the sand. My buddy who also rides a XR650R says he rides a gear higher when he rides my bike. He plans on intalling a Hotcam stage 1 for his next mod. I too have found I shift less since intalling it and I rarely hear the counter balance bang even when I lug the bike. It is a nice improvement.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.