TA Pipe -- Let's try this again

7 replies to this topic
  • RichB

Posted March 01, 2002 - 07:58 AM

Don't know what happened on the board but somehow my post got cross-threaded with 4:20s' somehow.

Anyway, I'm stoked that I have Bob fabricating me a thunder alley pipe that was ordered today and will be ready for me next week sometime. Can't beat $264 to my door.

Any tips you guys have about installation/maint of the pipe (including jetting) would be appreciated.

Happy Motoing!

• Shawn_Mc

Posted March 01, 2002 - 08:11 AM

Bob will send ya a 168 main. Go with it. Im not all that sure about your elevation though. Basically you need to go one up from what good now. If youve still got the 165 main, and it works good go with the 168. I went 1 size up on my pilot, but I did the bk mod also. At any rate, get ready to eat cain, sprockets and tires my friend.

• RichB

Posted March 01, 2002 - 08:26 AM

Shawn,

Elevation here around the vegas valley is about 2000-2500ft. I've been playing with the needle setting a little but the pilot and main are both stock. No BK mod.

Thanks for the tips and maybe we'll all hook up sometime down at VMC or something.

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted March 01, 2002 - 09:30 AM

Hey Shawn:

What's your elevation there in CA? I'm at sea level, and I've been running a 168 main and the 42 pilot, but I've been thinking about the 45 pilot. Did you notice the bike ran better with the 45 over the stock 42?

Thanks,
John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • h_bomb

Posted March 01, 2002 - 12:40 PM

I love my TA my bike gets best peak power with stk jetting I tried the 168m but it was to rich,If you have the BK mod go with 168m and 45p.I would get it ceramic coated like Shawn and I ,IT looks bitchen and no scrubbing or wd-40.

• javelinmxer

Posted March 01, 2002 - 05:40 PM

I love my thunder alley exhaust and have been running the 168 main, and stock pilot but might move up to a 170. By the way, what is the BK mod you guys are always talking about.

• motoman393

Posted March 01, 2002 - 05:56 PM

http://mx393.tripod.com/carb.html

• RichB

Posted March 02, 2002 - 03:36 PM

You guys got any photos of your pipes now that they've been coated?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.