Insurance in Colorado

5 replies to this topic
  • 4:20six

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:18 AM

I am trying to get theft and fire insurance for my '02 426, and haven't had much luck. Was wondering who in CO. has insurance, thru what agency, and how much you pay per year for what coverage plan. Thanks in advance for your help, hopefully I can get this beast insured cause the house I rent is an old tinder-box in a not so good neighborhood.

• endurodog

Posted March 01, 2002 - 06:38 AM

If your in the Denver area you might want to check at Vickery. The owner use to sell a policy, can't remember through what company, that was less than $40 a year for liability and theft on dirt bikes.

• Hokie

Posted March 01, 2002 - 07:08 AM

I have mine insured through state farm.
Pretty cheap, but I forget how much exactly.
Maybe $100/year (less I think)

You have to have your car insured with them first though. The policy they insure it with is the same one as for a street bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 4:20six

Posted March 01, 2002 - 10:09 PM

Did they ask you for your driving history? Is that just for theft and fire, or did they have to add other b.s. in with that like bodily injury, etc.At progressive they told me I couldn't get just theft and fire coverage, and they quoted me $875 per year for their most basic cov. I HATE progressive soooo much, but they are by far the cheapest for my truck coverage, it's too bad they are bunch of sh.t for brains.

• Hokie

Posted March 01, 2002 - 11:35 AM

Originally posted by 4:20six:
Did they ask you for your driving history? Is that just for theft and fire, or did they have to add other b.s. in with that like bodily injury, etc.At progressive they told me I couldn't get just theft and fire coverage, and they quoted me $875 per year for their most basic cov. I HATE progressive soooo much, but they are by far the cheapest for my truck coverage, it's too bad they are bunch of sh.t for brains.

I'm sure they will ask for your history, if you have more than 1 ticket I don't think they will take you. I seem to remember getting dropped once when I lived on the East Coast. Then when my the tickets got off my record I went back to State farm.

• Dodger

Posted March 01, 2002 - 12:03 PM

I've got full coverage on my 2001 WR426, it's through a company called Guide One Insurance. It's pretty cheap, and great coverage. I've used them for all my bikes, they always pay with no questions asked :) !

You can catch them online, I belive its www.guideone.com.

Enjoy!

Dodger :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.