2014 Skid plate

4 replies to this topic
  • Slow and Jerky

Posted November 07, 2015 - 02:45 PM

So I just did about 35 miles of whoops with lots of rocks and realized I lost my aluminum skid plate. If that isn't bad enough it pulled the threads out of the two front mounts. Any recommendations on a brand that DOESN'T use the factory mounts?

• DangerRanger245

Posted November 08, 2015 - 10:07 AM

Did you torque the skid plate when you installed it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikenash

Posted November 29, 2015 - 03:28 PM

So I just did about 35 miles of whoops with lots of rocks and realized I lost my aluminum skid plate. If that isn't bad enough it pulled the threads out of the two front mounts. Any recommendations on a brand that DOESN'T use the factory mounts?

Lock tight is your friend

• Texas2Smoker

Posted November 29, 2015 - 03:59 PM

Nope

• Wristrockit

Posted December 13, 2015 - 06:37 AM

I stripped out the front nutserts on my '14 WR and just went and got some of those nut clip things and used 1/4"-20 bolts instead. No more problems. Of course, if you wanted to, you could use metric stuff instead. https://jet.com/prod...JN8yxoCe2Tw_wcB.....It's no problem for me though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.