Seat Cover

1 reply to this topic

Posted March 01, 2002 - 04:13 AM

Any Tips on installing a seat cover?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 98yz

Posted March 01, 2002 - 05:13 AM

start at the front of the seat. Pull it snug and align it, I usually put a staple in the very back to hold everything alignted. Go back to the front of the seat and begin to pull it tight (but not so tight that you flex the plastic seat form) and staple as you work your way to the back. Make sure to use staples that will not go all the way thru the plastic. I think it is a 1/4" staple that I use. You want the cover tight but not so tight as to bend or flex the plastic form, all of the designs and logos should line up when you are finished. Just take your time and line everything up and it will turn out fine. If you are 6 ft. tall or over I would consider the tall seat foam.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.