Ebay fuel pumps?

10 replies to this topic
  • Stickerking

Posted November 04, 2015 - 11:03 AM

My mate has a 14 450 (200hrs) , been playing up, tried my tank on his bike, seemed to fix it.

Looking at the Yamaha pump at around 400 or one of the eBay pumps at only 40 dollars.

Are these cheap pumps any good?
I get suspicious with anything that's too cheap to be true.

• cpetz24

Posted November 04, 2015 - 02:08 PM

I don't know that I would want my $40 fuel pump to go out on the face of a jump and send me for a ride.  Seems sketchy

• jcross312

Posted November 04, 2015 - 03:09 PM

Man, I just checked and theres one on there for $19.60 free shipping from california. I was looking at a parts schematic for my 2016 the other day and noticed how much those fuel pumps are! I couldnt do it without knowing bc I do alot of motocross and agree with what cpetz said. But would like to know how good these cheap pumps are as well.

• Stickerking

Posted November 04, 2015 - 06:31 PM

Yeah you've echoed my sentiments guys however I would still like to know if there is a pump available maybe in the 120 dollar range.
I have seen the husabergs had replacement pumps for these sort of dollars, why not the Yamaha?

• jcross312

Posted November 04, 2015 - 07:14 PM

Ran a ross this thread also

http://www.thumperta.../#entry12726324

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stickerking

Posted November 05, 2015 - 12:57 AM

With the Aussie dollar so low it looks like he will have to splurge on an oem pump, and pay the 400 (ouch).
Wish we had the options like in the US of a.

• cpetz24

Posted November 05, 2015 - 06:44 AM

I guess there no OEM used option from ebay off a parted out bike.  You would think there would be someone out there parting out a bike.  

• Dklassen

Posted November 05, 2015 - 07:33 AM

Can you just buy the filter on its own? When the 09 Honda's came out dealers were replacing fuel pumps for $300 and then someone discovered a part number for a replacement filter kit for about $40. In most cases that solved the problem.
I have replaced 3 filters on mine doing routine maintenance and I still have the original fuel pump after 160 hours.

• grayracer513

Posted November 05, 2015 - 07:55 AM

Not from Yamaha, but apparently Hi-Flow makes a replacement. 

• jcross312

Posted November 05, 2015 - 09:04 AM

I just spent $30 on one of those fuel socks that go inside the gas tank. Hopefully that will prevent the pump or filter from clogging up. Figured it was cheap insurance. 

• Dklassen

Posted November 05, 2015 - 06:43 PM

I just spent $30 on one of those fuel socks that go inside the gas tank. Hopefully that will prevent the pump or filter from clogging up. Figured it was cheap insurance.

I use a funnel with built in filter when I buy gas at the pump and use every time I fill our EFI bikes. The thought of a bog on the face of a jump has scared me ever since the bikes went to EFI. I don't believe you can be too careful. Just check the bottom of your jerry can next time it gets low and you're likely to see a bunch of crud in there.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.