5th gear Like a false neutral

1 reply to this topic
  • deanellis822

Posted November 03, 2015 - 03:22 PM

We 400 2002

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RiderDeAzul

Posted November 04, 2015 - 06:11 AM

Does it feel like it is constantly snapping in and out of gear when you put in in 5th? If so, I am having this same issue, when I took my clutch apart, the nut holding my clutch in was loose, bought a new basket, going to install it and properly tighten the nut and see if I have any luck. Also, the shift star bolt comes loose and sometimes causes this to happen (according to the Yamaha mechanic at my local shop) he said to put blue loctite on it, I am going to try this sometime this week, I'll let you know what happens.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.