WR Compression Lock w/ E-Button

6 replies to this topic
  • Dube2

Posted November 03, 2015 - 08:28 AM

So why do I get a compression lock when using the e-button. Not all the time. When this hapends, the starter will not turn it over. Then I need to kick it till it passes the locking part and she usually fires right up. She runs fine. Even on cold starts, it usually fires up pretty easy. Could it be out of adjustment timing chain? It's usually only on a warm bike.

• woods-rider

Posted November 03, 2015 - 08:42 AM

When the bike stops right at TDC it takes more compression to get it out of TDC. Happens to all of them.

• Dube2

Posted November 03, 2015 - 09:03 AM

When the bike stops right at TDC it takes more compression to get it out of TDC. Happens to all of them.

ok, sounds like nothing to worry about. Like I said, she runs fine. Thanks WR

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 03, 2015 - 10:16 AM

You have to roll it in gear to get over the hump

• Dube2

Posted November 03, 2015 - 02:17 PM

You have to roll it in gear to get over the hump

yea, I usually give it a few light kicks to make sure I don't break anything.

• 2banga

Posted November 03, 2015 - 03:27 PM

yea, I usually give it a few light kicks to make sure I don't break anything.

Putting it in gear and rolling backwards a little is much easier on the kick start mechanism.

• avlisj

Posted November 05, 2015 - 04:49 PM

This brings up a question i always had. Is it bad to have your motor turn backwards. As in backing down a hill you stalled on and you drop the clutch but are in too high a gear for compression to stop the bike. Too high a gear being the reason you didnt make the hill in the first place. of course.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.