Cheap Supermoto Brake Setup?

2 replies to this topic
  • Thumperist

Posted November 01, 2015 - 08:52 PM

Hey guys, I am looking to convert a WR450F into a supermoto, and I'm wondering what brake setup I can get on the cheap. I heard that you can use the master cylinder and calipers off of a 06 SXV 550 and it will work fine on the WR450F. Wondering if anyone knows of something cheaper/potentially better.

If anyone has any experience doing the supermoto conversion on the WR450F, please chime in. What brake caliper/master cylinder did you get? Do you have the part numbers? How are the brakes? Etc... Thanks in advance!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kurtcrf450

Posted November 01, 2015 - 09:19 PM

I did a yz450f. For street stock brakes worked with no issue on warp 9 wheels and rotors. The track they failed for me pretty quick and I bought a full setup after. Run it a little and see if you notice any brake fade and if you do then upgrade.

Obviously an oversized thicker rotor with a bigger caliper will perform better all around than the smaller stock ones but for basic street stuff you don't need the performance gains

• patrick2wd

Posted November 02, 2015 - 10:23 PM

Ape RXV... I had one...
Imo its the otger way around..
You can use the caliperbracket of a yz/wrf 320 disk for the ape..
Thats how I did it...
But still needed quite some alterations...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.