Cold Starting Problem

23 replies to this topic
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 04, 2015 - 02:43 PM

I dont even know what the ACV is, I will have to look in shop manual and see.

Pilot jet is stock

What about the TPS?.....could that be fouling things up?

Yes,  but no.

It's just a map chaning feature.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 04, 2015 - 02:45 PM

I dont even know what the ACV is, I will have to look in shop manual and see.

Pilot jet is stock

What about the TPS?.....could that be fouling things up?

MAIN:  170  (165 is stock)

NEEDLE: JD Blue Needle, 3rd from top position

Pilot Jet 48 (45 is stock)

Pilot Air Jet (stock 80)  <<<<< 70 is stock....80 makes it lean, so you need a 48 to compensate....

Starter Jet: (stock 65)

Leak Jet (stock 50)

Air screw 2 1/2 turns

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bobpara

Posted December 11, 2015 - 06:23 AM

Just as a follow up to this thread, I was having a problem cold starting the bike after it sat for more than a week

If not, everything is fine

So I go to cold start the thing and get frustrated.

I twist the throttle 5 or 10 times (accel pump) AND I carck or start to open the throttle as I poke the starter lever, and Boom! It starts maybe second or third poke on the lady button

Could my idle be set too low and its messing up starting?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 11, 2015 - 06:46 AM

Just as a follow up to this thread, I was having a problem cold starting the bike after it sat for more than a week

If not, everything is fine

So I go to cold start the thing and get frustrated.

I twist the throttle 5 or 10 times (accel pump) AND I carck or start to open the throttle as I poke the starter lever, and Boom! It starts maybe second or third poke on the lady button

Could my idle be set too low and its messing up starting?

Pretty normal for under 50 degrees.

You can change your starter jet to a larger size, but then it will be too rich in the summer.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.