Hate to be that guy but I have another plastics question

3 replies to this topic
  • Chazhowson

Posted November 01, 2015 - 11:58 AM

Alright so i will get right to it, I have a 2000 WR400F that I am converting to a 03 - 05 YZ450f, just changing the tank, seat, subframe, exhaust, airbox and plastics. I was looking online for a restyled kit for the 03- 05 yz450f and 250f but it seems I cannot find one or anything on this topic BUT, UFO does make one for the steel framed YZ250s so I am wondering what the difference between the yz250s and the 250/450fs is? Is the tank the same? just by looking at pictures I know the airbox isnt the same whitch means the side panels arnt the same but I am wondering if the airbox and panels for the yz250 will work with the 450 subframe, any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Just trying to give it an updated look

• grayracer513

Posted November 01, 2015 - 12:56 PM

The YZ250 plastics to which you refer will not fit the '03-'05 YZ450 tank.  The front fender will, of course, and maybe the number plate.  The rear and the sides are doubtful. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chazhowson

Posted November 01, 2015 - 01:23 PM

The YZ250 plastics to which you refer will not fit the '03-'05 YZ450 tank.  The front fender will, of course, and maybe the number plate.  The rear and the sides are doubtful. 

I have been looking online and near as I can tell the subframe on the YZ250s are pretty close to the same as on the 250 and 450Fs, but it looks like the 250 airbox will bolt into the 250f and 450F subframe. Think I will just pull the trigger and buy a YZ250 Air box the re-styled side panels, rear fender and front fender. I can Fab brackets and whatever else I need and hope there close. Looking at the lines of both bikes it looks like its just the frame that is different but the sub-frame looks like it stays the same. http://www.dennismot...veh1=8219&go=Go

• grayracer513

Posted November 02, 2015 - 08:48 AM

Well, OK, but you may find that the air box won't line up with the 4-stroke carb, which is in a much different location.  

Let us know how it all works out.  

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.