2012+ DrD slip-on sound level ? Insert needed?

3 replies to this topic
  • Ride-n-Hard

Posted October 30, 2015 - 11:51 AM

I was thinking of tryng a DrD Slip-on exhaust on my 2012 WR450 instead of the FMF Q4 hex.

I was wondering if anyone knew if the DRD would need a quiet insert to meet the 96db levels or would

I have to also buy one of the quiet inserts as well? I tried calling DRD as well as emailing them about this,

but unfortantly they don't feel the need to contact me back, hence the question.

Thanks

• 5270ADVRIDER

Posted October 31, 2015 - 09:27 AM

I have the Dr D RS-4 slip-on on my 2013 WR450F. I haven't tested it myself with a meter, but with the screen installed they (Dubach Racing tech service) say it tests at 96 db. It's louder than stock, but not bad. I can tell you that it's substantially quieter than a YZ250F and YX250FX with stock exhaust (I have demos of both). 

FYI - I really like the pipe and the mid-range gain I got from it. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ride-n-Hard

Posted November 03, 2015 - 09:11 PM

Just in case some one else is asking this same question, I just installed a ns-4 slipon. Its pretty loud, but once I installed the quiet insert. The sound note is much more tolerable in my opinion. Nice looking muffler though.

• The Hedgehog

Posted November 11, 2015 - 06:31 PM

I have one on my 2011 which should essentially sound the same. It is not bad at all with a spark arrestor. Great pipe. Smoothed out the power band

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.